• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In an effort to begin to get known....

deathray

OK, well, I left work at noon today (to study for finals....like that woudl ever happen) and I stopped at a smoke shop I always see on teh way to work, but its too early to stop, and on teh wy home I usually go a different way for traffic reasons.

ANYWAY, it wasnt a great selection, but I picked up a Fuente candela (i promised myself I would try a candela) and a La Gloria Cubana Wavell.

I love the regular A. Fuente line (858 is one of my fav smokes), but found the Candela wrapper fuente more than somewhat lacking. Tasted....well...it tasted like it looks. It tasted like grass clipping or vegetables or something. Not ENTIRELY gross, just funky and not satisfying. Anyways, I am glad I tried it. Just so I could know what a candela is like.

So then, later in teh evening, I lit up the LGC Wavell, and, WOW what a smoke! this thing was great! It was my first La Gloria Cubana, and I think I had better add this to my collection. Ash held for over 1/2 of the cigar (about 3 inches!) and then fell on my textbook. I enjoyed every minute of this cigar, but the the length was perfect and I was satisfied when it was done.

I am going to have to buy some of these.

been wanting to try a candela myself. not sure now.
don't really want grass clippings. is that pretty much what all candelas taste like. opinions please!

(hmm, wonder what optimo is like ;) )

deathray said:
...It was my first La Gloria Cubana...
Most all of the LGC's are great to set aside for a few years...if you can make yourself fuggeddaboutit for that long.

gws3, Try one, you might end up liking it. its just different, and grassy is the only way to describe it. But when you think about how people call other gigars "leathery or toothy" I dont know how grassy fcould scare you away. Just buy a good candela, and see what you think. It is a good experience to have.

Buy two boxes of the Wavells, one to smoke now and one to age. You will be suprised as how much these improve with age even though they are good now.

I'v smoked a few things that tasted like grass, but the weren't cigars. :0
Think I'll pass. As for the LGC's wish I had enought room to store a couple more boxes, and the patience to wait. :p