• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In Chicago next mont... Any good place to have a smoke?

Dadster1960

Hmm... I spent all my ammo on the title and description! :D

I will be there for an exercise, and wouldn't mind at all getting together for a drink and a cigar. I don't know any cigar places in there, so I'm appealing to any SOTL or BOTL in Chicago for advise.

Edited to add "SOTL" after I realized I was being a chauvinist pig. It's not me, really it isn't.

Are you going to be IN Chicago or close to Chicago. The 'burbs have some good cigar stores also, without all the congestion.

I think I will be in Chicago proper this time. Last time I was in Shamburg (sp?) that was about 40 or so minutes away, but this is a different exercise (DR) and I will most likely be at the office.

I will check my travel itinerary and let you know the hotel where I'm staying.

Edit: I will be at the Club Quarters Central Loop, more than likely. That's at 111 West Adamst St in Chicago. I will be there on October 19th.

I think I will be in Chicago proper this time. Last time I was in Shamburg (sp?) that was about 40 or so minutes away, but this is a different exercise (DR) and I will most likely be at the office.

I will check my travel itinerary and let you know the hotel where I'm staying.

Edit: I will be at the Club Quarters Central Loop, more than likely. That's at 111 West Adamst St in Chicago. I will be there on October 19th.
If you're going to be downtown, go directly to Iwan Reis, a short cab ride will take you to the oldest cigar store in the area. If you're in for a herf, make an announcement. :thumbs:

Hmm... I spent all my ammo on the title and description! :D

I will be there for an exercise, and wouldn't mind at all getting together for a drink and a cigar. I don't know any cigar places in there, so I'm appealing to any SOTL or BOTL in Chicago for advise.

Edited to add "SOTL" after I realized I was being a chauvinist pig. It's not me, really it isn't.

If I am in town I am in for a little herf time. Let us know.

Kristin

You are out of luck. Oct 19th falls on a Sunday.

SO the following places downtown will be closed.

Iwan Reis
Jack Schwartz

Best bet is to jump on the Brown or Red line CTA and go north to the Belmont Ave Stop. Get off that stop and Walk East 4 blocks to BLUE HAVANA Cigar Shop. They are open on Sundays.
Blue Havana
856 West Belmont Chicago, IL
773-242-8262

If the weather permits. Walk down to Sheffields bar. (corner of Sheffield and School) About 6 blocks North on Sheffield Ave.
You can smoke outside while enjoying 1 of their 150 beer selections. Some of the best microbrew places in the city.

If you are feeling adventerous. Rent a car and take a 45 minute drive to Orland park to Belicoso Cigar Lounge.

15443 S. 94th Avenue
Orland Park, IL. 60452
708 226-9060

I can be found there on Sundays watching Football. And tracking my Fantasy League. And of course smoking some delicious cigars!

A great place to visit would be Mike Ditka's restaurant. Great food and a one of a kind walk-in humi. You can pick up one of his signature Graycliffs there.

A great place to visit would be Mike Ditka's restaurant. Great food and a one of a kind walk-in humi. You can pick up one of his signature Graycliffs there.

Which Ditka's are you referring too?

The one Downtown You can no longer smoke at and no walk in humidors to speak of.

All they have now is a Small cabinet dsplay humidor with his overpriced and underwhelmingCigars (also his cigars are no longer made by Graycliff for well over 3 yrs)

But on the plus side they do have some good burgers and pork chops. And be sure to have an Iron Mike Draft! .

I also forgot You can go to HUbbard and State Cigars. Neil is the manager and they have an ok selection. Only downside is You have to smoke on the sidewalk because smoking is not allowed in the store!!
gallery_1349_634_191.gif

Which Ditka's are you referring too?

The one Downtown You can no longer smoke at and no walk in humidors to speak of.

All they have now is a Small cabinet dsplay humidor with his overpriced and underwhelmingCigars (also his cigars are no longer made by Graycliff for well over 3 yrs)

But on the plus side they do have some good burgers and pork chops. And be sure to have an Iron Mike Draft! .

I also forgot You can go to HUbbard and State Cigars. Neil is the manager and they have an ok selection. Only downside is You have to smoke on the sidewalk because smoking is not allowed in the store!!
gallery_1349_634_191.gif

Well, it's been sometime since I've been there. Damned smoke nazis are screwing it up for everyone.

Guys and Gals,

They changed the dates on me; it seems now I will be going on Sunday 19th and coming back on Tuesday 21st, so that gives me two nights to herf. As soon as they confirm the dates (the BC guys can't never decide on anything on a timely basis) I will put a note on the herfing section.

Wow! My first herf! :blush:

Guys and Gals,

They changed the dates on me; it seems now I will be going on Sunday 19th and coming back on Tuesday 21st, so that gives me two nights to herf. As soon as they confirm the dates (the BC guys can't never decide on anything on a timely basis) I will put a note on the herfing section.

Wow! My first herf! :blush:

I would love to be there while your cherry gets popped your herf cherry that is!! :)