• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In or out of the box?

Wallet Boy

I just bought my first box of cigars. Everything else I have has been either gifts, one or two sticks, or samplers. Would it bet better to store my new cigars in the box they came in, or take them out? Right now I have them in my humi with the box opened slightly. Is this the right way, or da wrong way?

Any pointers would be welcome!

In general leave them in the box if it is wooden. If it's cardboard I don't think it makes a difference.

I leave the smokes in the boxes they come in.

Just place them in the coolerdor. The wooden box will also help as a humidity buffer.

That is also why most people won't waste their time or $$ lining a cooler with spanish cedar. The boxes are enough.

Well it's your first box...so I'm guessing maybe you have a 50 or 100 count desktop? And at the present time you have the box sitting in it slightly opened? If that's the case...that is funny. :p LOL. If your humidor situation is desktop and not larger storing units for box storage....you might as well just take them outta the box and but them in the humdior. That's what desktops are for. :)

Anyway, congrats on your first box. :)

I just upgraded humidors. I had a 50 count humidor, just went up to 150 count humidor that I got from bargainhumidors.com. The cigars that filled my 50 count fit in the upper shelf of my new humidor with room to spare. This left the entire lower section open for my new box of Maria Guerrero 444's. It's quite a small box so I still have 3/4 of empty space in the lower section for expansion.

Anyway, I should be set for a while . . . until I need to build a coolidor!

Hummm, I wonder where those Guerreros came from? :p

I like to usualy take them out if they are more expensive cigars.. for soe reason the ceder smell of the boxs.. vs the cedar in my humidor have a different odor/flavor I guess. I personally like the cedar taste that my cigars get from my humidor.

But thats just personal preferance and my taste.