• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In the market for

TheVitaleMob

Full Trucker Effect
Alright. I'm looking for a new point and shoot digital.

Needs:
Sweet spot: $150, willing to go to $180.
10+ MP,
Macro setting or proven to take good cigar review pictures at low/lounge style lighting without overexposing the flash on the cigar.
Great outdoor sunny pictures without overexposing, I watch soccer games at Qwest Field, an open air stadium.
Good focusing software, doesn't need to lead the field, just to capture the above situations accurately
Direct ability to copy pictures to the hard drive, ex. NOT Kodak easyshare.

Wants:
Burst mode for soccer games.
Easy battery replacement or wall outlet charging, not just via a computer connection
3x/3x or better zoom
Color: Blue, green, or anything not girly purple or pink.

Not important:
Internal editing firmware (from the camera itself. Photoshop and Paint are good enough for me)
Facial recognition

I was looking at the panasonic FS15 at Costco, but they are out of stock now. Can anyone help me with their google-fu?

I have the Canon Power Shot SD400 Digital Elph. They don't make that one anymore but I would highly recommend any from that series. They are great cameras. I took mine to iraq with me in 2006 and it's still functioning flawless.

SD1100 IS
SD790 IS

I have the panasonic fx35 and absolutely love it. Widescreen pics and vids, hd video. Priced around what you're looking to spend on ebay.

Best site I've ever found for info on digital cameras is Digital Photography Review.

Spend some time there and you should find all the info you need.

I'm partial to my Nikon, but there are other brands also well worth considering.

Cheers - B.B.S.