• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Inception

beastinem

Just got back from the theater. Gotta say, I loved it. Great movie. Definitely the best to come out so far this year. Even though that is not saying much with the crap that has been coming out lately. If you haven't seen it, I would definitely recommend it!

Now I gotta see Despicable Me :)

I saw Inception last night at the Imax, and thought it was fantastic.

I've been wondering about this flick. The trailers look interesting, but don't tell you a whole lot about the movie. Was speaking to one of the partners at my firm this morning who went to see this film over the weekend. The comment was that it was so bad that their group left the movie before it was half way through. Granted the partner I was speaking to was a woman who attened to flick with her female friends. So the questions is...is this a guy flick? Just wondering as I was going to try and convince my wife to see the movie.

I too saw it on IMAX. Thought the IMAX was going to be a waste of money but it turned out better than expected. Great movie and would recommend highly. With the large amount of visual work, I think it is worth watching in theater versus on dvd/blue-ray (unless you have a giant projection with nice sound system).

I've been wondering about this flick. The trailers look interesting, but don't tell you a whole lot about the movie. Was speaking to one of the partners at my firm this morning who went to see this film over the weekend. The comment was that it was so bad that their group left the movie before it was half way through. Granted the partner I was speaking to was a woman who attened to flick with her female friends. So the questions is...is this a guy flick? Just wondering as I was going to try and convince my wife to see the movie.
Interesting. I read a review that raved about the movie, but did caution that some people will love the movie, some will hate it. Sounds like your co-worker is in the latter camp.

Personally, I can't wait to see it. Looks to me to be somewhere between The Matrix and Bourne Identity.....and I really dug both of those movies.

B.B.S.

I am probably going to check this one out in the next couple of weeks and cannot WAIT!

I've seen it twice now, and must say I'm pretty impressed. There are a few iffy bits as far as story goes, but overall it's a VERY well done movie.

Great film, I really enjoyed it. I think it is probably the best I have seen this year and it was very cool seeing Nolan do some more Memento-ish type film making.

So I went to the midnight release in my city the night before the day it came out(well i guess at midnight it was the day of). I was expecting a great movie but didn't realize it was in a way like the movie shutter island which also starred leonardo. I have to say the movie was great at getting you interested in it. The movie was amazing and then the ending leaves you hanging. Because of the ending it made me think logically about everything that had happened in the movie because I was frustrated with how it ended and I started to see how it was logically impossible and I was just mad about the high levels of fiction involved. Please don't take this as negative feedback it is a great movie for people that get into movies like I do. I was a little pessimistic about the ending is all.
P.S. - if you liked this check out shutter island another good one.

I'll probably check out Inception (hopefully in the theater) but Shutter Island looks a little freaky.

Shutter Island is also good. You should catch it. Definitely worth the rental.

Maybe I'll netflix Shutter Island when the wife isn't around. She's definitely not a fan of creepy/suspense/horror type stuff. I'll try it though. SAW was about as creepy as I can handle. I like suspense/mystery type stuff but if there's a lot of gore, I lose interest. Just better things to do with my time than watch people get chopped up.

Thanks!

Maybe I'll netflix Shutter Island when the wife isn't around. She's definitely not a fan of creepy/suspense/horror type stuff. I'll try it though. SAW was about as creepy as I can handle. I like suspense/mystery type stuff but if there's a lot of gore, I lose interest. Just better things to do with my time than watch people get chopped up.

Thanks!

Actually not a whole lot of suspense/creep to Shutter Island. It's mostly atmosphere that gives off a creepy vibe.

The big shocker with shutter island is at the end when you learn snape kills dumbledore (and Bruce Willis is a ghost).

The big shocker with shutter island is at the end when you learn snape kills dumbledore (and Bruce Willis is a ghost).

What?! Dumbledore dies?!

I don't know if I can go on living...

Poor Professor D...
;)

At first I was like come on why would you tell the ending, then I saw and had a good chuckle.