• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Insider info about PAM 64's

fetterjohn

Non-active but active and lurking!
I was told today by a long time cigar rep (20 years) that the PAM 64's have a slight smathereing of chocolate in them to make them sweet!!! He told me that Padron has done this to only the maduro 64 Anni's since the beginning. The other cigar store owner (45 years in the business) we were all sitting around with confermed this. Interesting...you can all now make comments. :)

-Fetter

fetterjohn said:
I was told today by a long time cigar rep (20 years) that the PAM 64's have a slight smathereing of chocolate in them to make them sweet!!! He told me that Padron has done this to only the maduro 64 Anni's since the beginning. The other cigar store owner (45 years in the business) we were all sitting around with confermed this. Interesting...you can all now make comments. :)

-Fetter
[snapback]237532[/snapback]​

I'm going to have to call bull**** on this one.

moki said:
I'm going to have to call bull**** on this one.
[snapback]237562[/snapback]​
I'm gonna have to go with moki on this one... there's just SO much that could and would be wrong if there really was chocolate.

I've smelled burning chocolate before....it's not sweet.

I think they were pulling your leg....

FWIW - B.B.S.

THis sounds like the stuff of urban legend. I more than doubt this.

If there was chocolate in them wouldn't that highly increase the likelihood of getting tobacco beetles :p :p , I agree with the others on this one, sounds kind of unlikely imho...

hook

line

sinker

I think I've got one! :laugh: :laugh:

I sat down with Jorge Padron at RTDA this year and I can assure you that there is no chocolate in those cigars. Jorge would be highly offended at the slightest thought that his cigars are flavored. Besides Padron doesn't have Reps!

fetterjohn said:

-Fetter
[snapback]237532[/snapback]​

I'm afraid I have to agree with the others. As far as I'm aware this simply isn't accurate information. And as to Padron reps, in all the years we've carried Padron I've never met a rep. Maybe they just don't love me enough to send one? :laugh:

Smokyballs said:
I sat down with Jorge Padron at RTDA this year and I can assure you that there is no chocolate in those cigars. Jorge would be highly offended at the slightest thought that his cigars are flavored. Besides Padron doesn't have Reps!
[snapback]237605[/snapback]​

Never said it was a Padron rep. This guy has repped (sp?) for a few different companies and is now one of Rocky's (I think) biggest reps...the store I was at, the owner, Craig, has a line of cigars called Vigilante and Carrera. He was rookie of the year at the RTDA...sold more accounts that any other cigar distributer or company at the RTDA this year. He'll have a full page ad in next CI. He shared the booth with Rocky...if any of you that went happen to remember.

But onto the chocolate...the rep. (Smokeyballs and Outlaw...he's your rep, Steve) basically said that he found out from insider info that they add a teeny amount of co-co flavoring to the PAM to encrease the richness and "Burned chocolate" flavor profile. I'm not making this up...and if he was pulling my leg...he sure as hell believed it himself! So that's what I learned...I didn't think it could or would be true...but I wouldn't call this guy a lier. And for the most part...why couldn't it be true?? Is it that much of an atrocity to think that a cigar company could do something like that to make a cigar popular and boost sales?

-Fetter

I know Steve,he is not my rep to Rocky Patel. My Rep is Patrick. Steve is not a liar but is known to be full of sh.t! We had dinner on a night during RTDA with Nish, Steve and Patrick. Steve is a funny guy and maybe what you over heard was out of context?

Smokyballs said:
I know Steve,he is not my rep to Rocky Patel. My Rep is Patrick. Steve is not a liar but is known to be full of sh.t! We had dinner on a night during RTDA with Nish, Steve and Patrick. Steve is a funny guy and maybe what you over heard was out of context?
[snapback]237683[/snapback]​

It wasn't out of context...he said straight out, "I know from insiders at Padron that they add a little coco to the PAM 64's." And it wasn't overheard, there were 4 of us having a conversation over cigars. I have no reason to think he lied...the owner of the store we were at also said he is full of **** but very straight forward with his cigar knowledge. That's all I wanted to gring to the table...I can understand why you wouldn't want to believe it. I don't care though...the PAM 64 is my favorite and will be for a long time. :thumbs:

-Fetter

I wonder what Rudy Padron would have to say if Ric and I went over to the Padron office today and told him we heard about their trick with the chocolate?

I'm going to guess he would kick us out and never talk to us again...or maybe he would tell us it's actually fermented with Nestle Quick (Ric's idea)

Don't tell too many people but here is a little trick that Ric and I have known about for a while: If you dip your PAM 64s in milk you get a tobacco flavored chocolate milk...YUMMMY!!

gatorsmg said:
I wonder what Rudy Padron would have to say if Ric and I went over to the Padron office today and told him we heard about their trick with the chocolate?

I'm going to guess he would kick us out and never talk to us again...or maybe he would tell us it's actually fermented with Nestle Quick (Ric's idea)

Don't tell too many people but here is a little trick that Ric and I have known about for a while: If you dip your PAM 64s in milk you get a tobacco flavored chocolate milk...YUMMMY!!
[snapback]237704[/snapback]​

LMAO! :laugh:

Goodbye Count Chocula, hello PAM 64!

Sorta like Joe Camel, Padrón could hire the Quick Bunny to do advertising for 'em!! I could see that guy puffing on a 1964!

Burnt cocoa/chocolate/snickers doesn't taste or smell like chocolate. Once its burned, the chemical properties change.

Ever tasted overheated chocolate? God awful. Just imagine a lot less chocolate and a lot more fire.

vewyphishy said:
Burnt cocoa/chocolate/snickers doesn't taste or smell like chocolate. Once its burned, the chemical properties change.

Ever tasted overheated chocolate? God awful. Just imagine a lot less chocolate and a lot more fire.
[snapback]237730[/snapback]​

Bah, what would you know, sheep-****er?!?