• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Interesting discovery?

bigwhiteash

Binge Responsibly
I was just browsing around CI, and I noticed another option for checkout. Seems they now accept online payment from that account that shall remain nameless for now.. poopal or whatever.

So I looked at the online payment services "Acceptable Use Policy".

You may not use the P**P*l service for activities that:

{snip}
4. violate applicable laws or industry regulations regarding the sale of (a) tobacco products...

So, as long as we're not violating applicable laws or regulations, everything is OK?

I don't use the service often, but all the talk of not mentioning tobacco products has me wondering...

I would be cautious using PP to buy from CI. You don't want them to shut you down for no reason

I have placed 5 orders with CI and used PP with no problems.

I could actually care less if they closed my account.. one of those things I could live without, if you know what I mean.

My point is this, I'm sure PP has procedures for authorizing vendors for use of their system, and with a name like Cigars International, I'm also sure that they know what is being sold. It would stand to reason that CI would have THEIR account closed, if in fact these sales were in violation.

I would like to hear from anyone who has actually had their account closed due to a tobacco purchase, and if that purchase was through an authorized vendor, or transfer between individuals. The latter likely being a violation of said applicable laws and/or regulations.