• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

international shipping

other1

Cigarpassaholic. Mmm.. cigarpassahol.
Say I had a friend in another country that wanted to send me a box of cigars as a present.. What would be a good way to ship them that wouldn't cause them to likely get tied up in customs forever? Private courier? FedEx international?

Regular old US Mail.

Just don't tell him to put "cigars" on the customs declaration. "Personal sundries" is a good one :D or "Stationery" or "book"

Hmm. Ok, so regular old royal mail I guess if they are coming from the UK? And that then becomes USPS here?

Have them send them intl door to door, and Fedex clears customs for you, and are faster than UPS. I am in the business of intl logistics and prefer the convenience of Fedex vs UPS....just my 2centavos amigo...Fmf :lookup:

I use ParcelForce all the time from the UK. Takes about 5-8 days to PA as long as you don't use economy. If you use economy then you're looking at 30-60 days depending on when the boat leaves.

other1 said:
Hmm. Ok, so regular old royal mail I guess if they are coming from the UK? And that then becomes USPS here?
That'll work fine -- or if you want 'em quicker, you can do FedEx or DHL.

I'd have to agree with FMF, I do a lot of shipping from and to China, Taiwan, Malaysia & South Korea and we ship FedEx / UPS and they do it all for you. We do receive a lot of packages from Taiwan DHL and have never had a problem. Just make sure that they don't use regular mail and spend the extra on the priority / urgent mail..... :) :thumbs: :)

I also think Fedex is the way to go for international deliveries to the US. Regular mail is ok and will run up to 14 days to receive the package from the UK. If you go that route, have your friend triple seal the package in ziplocs. Also, during the summer I do not recommend the mail route.

Emo

I can only talk of my own experience. USPS Priority mail works almost everytime if you DONT right on the costom declare not that its cigars. Right down something else and of low value and that is a gift.

I live in Sweden and i have no problem with USPS.

:D Ok all of you whom need a great- professional- freight forwarder, who knows what shes doing, and what you need..., from and to anywhere in the world to and from the U.S., let me know, as it is my career.
28 years in the shipping biz, and can do it from anywhere to anywhere from anywhere, and from anywhere I am on the road, thanks to cell/internet/palms...
if you need me I am here always at my cell 817-291-8218....Becky the shipping magnate.....LMAO, free biz advertising, and I WANT ALL YOUR BUSINESS..INTERNATIONAL AND DOMESTIC, AS I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, to feed, and a costly divorce to pay for!!