• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Interview With Savinelli Cigars Steven Ysidron

The 20th anniversary I had with you guys this past week was a great stick and the first good, strong nic kick I've had in a while!
Looking forward to trying the Dos Campeones.

I've only ever had one, and it was a few years back, but I recall enjoying it. The two blends in one box is a great idea. I'll keep my eye out for them!

Everything Savinelli I've smoked to date has been solid. I will probably pick up some fivers of the Dos, 20 yr Anni, and Nic Reserve.
Steve certainly seems to love what he is doing, and I like his approach to the Dos line. I often wonder what the manufacturers smoke themselves.
I know if I was in that position, I would certainly be smoking a custom blend that hit it on all 8 cylinders for me.
The Nic Reserve sounds like something I am always looking for; a more medium body with a ton of flavor.

Looks good. Can't wait to try some of their stuff. I liked the interveiw and ordered the nic reserve. I'll do a reveiw later on.

I can't really give an opinion on their cigars as I haven't smoked one, and I'm not going to do so based on an interview. That said he mentioned a few things about their offerings that intrigued me and I will do some more research into a couple of their lines. If I like what I find I'll order a couple of fivers.

I think the split box idea is something that's very interesting. I think most people will eventually favor one blend over the other, but I still think it could be a big selling point, especially for those who tend to purchase their cigars in 5 or 10 packs as opposed to whole boxes.

Nice video Matthew. The Habano SG sounds interesting. When done correctly, that wrapper can be amazing.

The Nic Reserve is a fantastic smoke. I found it to be full bodied powerhouse, burned great for about 1 1/2 hours. I set it down for a good 15 minutes picked it up and to my surprise it was still burning. I smoked this in the morning after an Oliva v lancero- which are still a little diappointing. I am going to try dry boxing the next one I smoke. Now back to the Savinelli expression.

I tried to identify flavor profiles but all could really acertain was a rich tobacco flavor- medium spice with mellow notes of a chocolate. But all tobacco. Which makes sence, can't wait to try another one.

Nice interview.
Having tried some Savinelli cigars from Anthem when I meet him I have to say I have liked all the blends I tried. So I would be in for a Box split if there was one.