• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Introducing Loanshark

loanshark

Body of a member. Heart of a Newbie
Hi all. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the board and the cigar world. I have been reading and reading and reading. I am an addict. This board is great!!!!!! The amount of knowledge here is outstanding.
I need some advise and help from you all. I have invested in one of Thompson’s hummie cigar deals and got taught a lesson real fast I got 150 dog rockets and a hummie that will not stabilize. From reading some posts I learned of the flashlight test and tried it. Well my dark room looked like a disco when I hit the lights. The whole reason I spent the money on the hummie was I have some CAO Brazils that a friend gave me, and I love them, but I wanted a place to store them. Now I have my CAO’s in a tubberdor and a pile of crap sticks. I was looking fro some suggestions on brands I should try. I live in northwest NJ and do not have a good shop so I will be doing a lot of internet ordering. I like Spice, full bodied smokes, oh…I did not tell you I like the occasional pipe, in a robusto size….I think… I guess…I have not had a lot of sticks to tell you what I like or don’t like…. I just need HELP!!!! I want to dive into the sport of cigars but I don’t know where to start and I am on a budget…1 wife 2 kids and a cat and 1 paycheck. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to learning from all of you and I hope one day I can post a cigar review that makes you proud.

Mike A.K.A Loanshark :cool:

Welcome from NYC....

These guys will teach ya everything you want to know

Get into the newbie sampler trade, whom ever you get hooked up with talk to them via pm and they will be able to hook you up big time.

Welcome Mike!

Try doing a search for humi's or look in that forum as I could have sworn someone just posted about good desktops not too long ago!

Check out www.cheaphumidors.com also!

Lee

The Caustic Bastid :laugh:

Welcome to cp I definetly recomend the Newbie Sampler Trade Thread it is a wonderful way to get a variety of smokes to try.

Watch on ebay thats where I got my 150 for 51.50. really nice glass top

Welcome to the CP from RI, awsome group of people here. you will be educated and definatly get into the newbie trade. :D

Welcome to CP Mike! :thumbs: Newbie Sampler Trade is the way to go. I have not heard of one person who has been disappointed.

Welcome to CP..

DAMN this place is getting alot of attention lately@@!!

Howdy Mike and welcome to CP from Sunny Central Florida. All I can say is stay away from www.cigarbid.com. Some folks even say it's the home away from home for the devil..... :) :thumbs: :cool: :whistling:

Welcome to the fold from PA!