• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Introduction section

hudsonvalley

MMMM...Ember
I was just wondering if an additional section of the forum just for introductions wouldn't be helpful. That way they wouldn't get buried so quickly in the general discussion lobby.

Seems like newbicity is picking up and a "Hello, mynameis, hello, mynameis" section would make posting and responding to introductions easier to use.

i like the idea :thumbs: less clutter in the lobby :D as long as everyone agrees to actually read all the newb posts :p maybe some beginner instructions in the description like fill out your profile and introduce yourself to cp :cool:

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I think the name "The Lobby" is a good description for an 'introduce yourself and take a look at what else is around' type of section. Maybe making that a dedicated intro section, and adding a more descriptive section for general discussion - say something like "The Lounge" - would be a little more appropriate if a new forum was to be made.

This became a problem at another BB I have been a frequent of and they solved it nicely by making it a stickie thread at the top of the lobby and through the BB software, made it so that each post in that thread did not count towards the post total in order to prevent post padding.

OutlawD said:
......as long as everyone agrees to actually read all the newb posts.....
[snapback]202847[/snapback]​

Yea OK, we all agree...... LOL! :whistling:

I think no one should be able to post an introduction post until they have been here for a year. ROFLMAO! :D

That will cut down on some major bandwith...LOL!

UTKhodgy said:
This became a problem at another BB I have been a frequent of and they solved it nicely by making it a stickie thread at the top of the lobby and through the BB software, made it so that each post in that thread did not count towards the post total in order to prevent post padding.
[snapback]204755[/snapback]​
....right answer. At least, a common "I'm the new guy" sticky would cut down on the clutter and make it easier to find new guys when they "report for duty".... :D

My $00.02 - B.B.S.

Allofus123 said:
OutlawD said:
......as long as everyone agrees to actually read all the newb posts.....
[snapback]202847[/snapback]​

Yea OK, we all agree...... LOL! :whistling:

I think no one should be able to post an introduction post until they have been here for a year. ROFLMAO! :D

That will cut down on some major bandwith...LOL!
[snapback]204993[/snapback]​

lol, .... what a mintue?! :laugh: