• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Inventories and Baggies

wpeloqui

Hi Gang,

I just noticed that quite a few of the pass cigars are in little baggies and labled. Is this how you remember the exact name of sticks? They only time I really know what a cigar is called is after I look at the shipping invoice. After that the labels are pretty ambigous.

How do you label your smokes and keep track of what they are? I would think the little baggies would prevent humidification.

Willie

I take the cigars out of the box that they came in (since I pretty much only buy cigars by the box) and put them in those baggies when I put cigars in a pass or send them as a gift/trade/bomb to someone.

I only use the individual ones when the cigars are naked (no cellophane) primarily for protection purposes.

With Havana cigars, I like to write the box code or month/year on the bag because there are those who like to keep track of exactly how old their cigars are.

I don't store the cigars in a humi in those bags but there are those who do.

What CCat said...

..plus I cut my bags down in length, so they aren't sealed in my coolidor. They help keep my unbanded sticks "labeled" and they protect them from wrapper damage.

I have seen some use sticky notes or Avery labels. You removes only part of the sticky part and overlap so you can slide it off to smoke.

I use software on my palm to maintain inventory. Otehrs use computers but ya can't take them into the cigar store like a palm.

Gunpowder said:
Otehrs use computers but ya can't take them into the cigar store like a palm.
Well you can, but you'd look like an idiot by the time you carried in the monitor :D

I use my computer to print new labels from original cigar bands so I can keep track of them. I can also date the label and from whom or where I got it.

Toaster said:
Gunpowder said:
Otehrs use computers but ya can't take them into the cigar store like a palm.
Well you can, but you'd look like an idiot by the time you carried in the monitor :D
that's when the old fasioned printer and paper com in handy, it's called a report. a lot easier to handle in the store....and

u can use a thing called a pencil or pen to take notes.....

darn those pilgrims had some great ideas.........

question: you are driving by and discover a new store and you see that cigar you think is on your want list that was suggested by a fellow CPier last summer...or is it? Didn't you buy one last summer that is in the bottom of your igloodor aging? Is the price they are asking the same as the price you payed down back home?

Or you find a cigar you think you have been looking for because you had one once at a HERF. Did you like the particular cigar in front of you? have you ever even smoked it? Is it the same cigar?

Are you running low on your favorite smokes? Is the price too much...it looks like a deal but you can't remember the going price.

On paper...no way! but I have my entire inventory, smoking notes, Price info, wish list, etc on my palm which is my point in promoting Palm inventory software.

On paper...no way! but I have my entire inventory, smoking notes, Price info, wish list, etc on my palm which is my point in promoting Palm inventory software.

What software do you use for the inventory? Simple Access type database? Spreadsheet?

A cool one would have pictures and notes attached. I might now have a reason to buy a pda.

Willie

I use: Mark Peters HerferBuddy

It has one minor additional glitch I found but he is working on the fix. I was able to e-mail him and he was very easy to work with on the problem. He also is open to suggestions for new features on his next version which is convenient.

Try: here for a general listing of most cigar inventory Palm software.

Also here are other bookmarks I had in doing my search:
Cigar Box

Cigars V1.0

My second choice was below but I never downloaded it since it cost more:
Cigar Master

For marking the cigars with the necessary information, especially the ringless cigars I found one of those handheld label makers is very convenient. It prints on several different types of tape and the labels are narrow and unobtursive if used on a box.

Not meaning to hijack your thread but some of you older members might have remembered the software forum catagory. It had most of the software related info there but it is now gone.

So since this information on Palms and computer software seems important I created a thread in the Humidor Forum just so it will be searchable there. Please repost your software related inventory information here for otheres to review.