• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Iowa #3, sorry Rod but California is last (again)

Doesn't surprise. Then take a look at our politicians. Need I say more? ;)

Well, I wouldn't live in any of the top 5. Hell, I'll bet you can't get a brisket on rye with Russian dressing in any of them, not to mention a decent pizza. And a knish? Forgeddaboutit.

Doc

Michigan is 35th....surprised we rate that high. heh

Devil Doc said:
Well, I wouldn't live in any of the top 5. Hell, I'll bet you can't get a brisket on rye with Russian dressing in any of them, not to mention a decent pizza. And a knish? Forgeddaboutit.

Doc
Can't argue with that logic, but it's hard to believe my state ranked that high.

Edited because I can't spell correctly the first time

Devil Doc said:

Doc

You're right. I don't care what anyone says, the food in California sucks. Sure, we have some good restaurants here and there, but nothing like you guys got back east. You know it's sad when the best pizza in So Cal comes from Costco. 

Well.....I wouldn't say the food here sucks.  It really depends on what you're looking for.  Pizza?  Yeah, probably go elsewhere, but there are some awesome places to grub here in LA.  I don't understand the opinion that it sucks here.

We have our landmarks, but for the majority, it's not easy wadding through the chain restaurants. When I've been to DC, Mass., LA, etc there seems to be a lot more independents with a higher standard of quality. I wouldn't say the food in Calif sucks across the board, we definitely have our spots. Just not like the east coast. 

As I think about it, we probably have some of the best Sushi in the country. Not to mention Mexican, and some chop houses. Ok, guess it's not that bad. :) I personally like mom and pops, not many of those in So Cal. 

I think if you come to SoCal you come for either great Mexican or any type of Asian food (especially Thai, Korean, Vietnamese Filipino, etc.).  We certainly have food from around the globe here, and it's pretty assured you can find a spot or two that makes whatever ethnic cuisine you want, but the ones I mentioned burn the brightest here.  Just my opinion, of course.

ETA: as far as mom and pop shops go, I dunno man.  I think there are a ton around if you look.  My favorite Vietnamese, Chinese, and burger joints are all small hole-in-the-wall type places.  All three are pretty damn small now that I think about it.

Devil Doc said:

Doc

Maybe, but I know where you can get a mean ragu in Iowa. :)