• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ireland

hobbes1

has anyone been to dublin and bought cigars or anything thier. im going on a trip thier soon and i was wondering if its cheaper than america or at least nj. maybe some cubans has anyone been thier? and if so any shops around dublin? thanks

I've spent some time in Dublin, but never have seen any cigar shops. I'm sure there are people on this board from there who can chime in. In general, I have found cigars expensive in the UK and Europe, except for Spain. The dollar has gained strength against the euro, so that will help some.

JK

There is 2 cigars shops that I am aware of in Dublin. One is right next to Trinity College and the Peterson Pipe place. Its just a couple of doors down.

The other one is in the main tourist section on the South side of the River Liffey or however its spelled. I forgot the name of it but the prices of the shops is crazy. The cigar shop is on the 2nd floor of the building its in. Alas, the name escapes me.

And yes, the prices are outrageous so be prepared. I was buying the sticks like h Upmann for around $7.50 Euro back in 2003 to give ya an idea what they was then. I also bought them when Ireland was on the Punt money system. I hope that helps and ya can always pm me for more answers. I'll do the best I can since I have been to the UK a few times. :D

In fact this is your lucky day. i still have the box from one of them.

Place is called Fox.

JJ Fox Limited
119 Grafton Street
Dublin 2.
tel: 353 1 6770533
Fax: 353 1 6772052

They also have a shop in London:

JJ Fox (St Jame's) Limited
19 St St james Street
London, SW1A 1ES
tel: 44 171 930 3787
fax: 44 171 495 0097

Whether they are still there, that is another question but they was their in Aug 2003. Just verified. They are still there and here ya go as well.

http://www.ireland-withpatpreston.com/dubl...aces-toshop.htm

I hope that helps. :)

I spent a month in Ireland about 5 years ago and I have been to Fox's on Grafton street. It is on the southeast corner (just across the street from a park called St. Steven's Green; if memory serves correct) and you have to go up some stairs to get to it. It is a wonderful, quiet shop! The prices are high, just as they are in UK. But if you just looking for a nice place to relax and smoke, I highly suggest this shop.

If you have anyother questions about Dublin or Ireland in general, just PM me.

Patrick

Decent Cigar Emporium
46 Grafton Street
Dublin 2
IRELAND
© Decent Cigar Emporium Tel: +353 (1) 671 6451
Fax: +353 (1) 671 6451
EMAIL:info@decent-cigar.com

hobbes1 said:
has anyone been to dublin and bought cigars or anything thier. im going on a trip thier soon and i was wondering if its cheaper than america or at least nj. maybe some cubans has anyone been thier? and if so any shops around dublin? thanks
[snapback]278364[/snapback]​

Have a Murphy's Irish Stout for me while in a Dublin pub. That's my dream.

hey i appriacte all your guys help that helps alot.. but i found out im going to south beach with in a month or two thats when im gonna buy alot of cigars forget buying htem in ireland :D . thanks alot you guys