• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Irish Whiskey Tasting - Green Spot

Gator

Well, i finally got 2 bottles of Green Spot in from Royal Mile Whiskeys (thanks AVB for pointing me in that direction)! Hopefully this will be worth the read, still learning about verbalizing the tastes and smells

First thing i noticed was the no frills bottle, and screw off top. Nothing bad, just surprised that a Whiskey rated this high is in a bland bottle and screw off top. Bottle costs around $50-60, plus shipping (can't get it in US).

The Nose: 1st thing that comes to mind is the sweet sherry smell, then a hint of honey and vanilla, as well as some others that i can't put into words. Very complex.

Taste: Smooth jumps out at me, Then a sherry sweetness, followed by a wonderful spicy taste, and also some hints of malts and again, other tastes i can't describe. It's complex to say the least, seems like every taste i detect something different.

Finish: i really don't know how to put it into words, other than WOW!

This Whiskey lives up to it's billing, and if you're a fan of Irish Whiskey, it's a must have. If you like Redbreast, you'll definately fall in love w/ this Whiskey, somewhat similar yet different, if that makes sense. :thumbs:

My favorite Irish, not that that is saying much. I'd buy another if they ever bring it into the states but for $75-80 delivered from the UK I'll get a Scotch. ;)