• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is it possible to put beads in a humidifier ?

mementomori

Hello everyone ! I'm buying some bulk beads from heartfelt and dont want to buy empty tubes since they are pretty expansive , i was thinking about removing foam from my rectangle humidifiers and put beads inside . The question is : since the humidifiers are only about 0.8 inch high is it enough space to put beads inside ? I have no idea how big the beads are , never saw them in real life . If anybody knows please help . Thanks guys .

Allright !! Thanks guys . Do i suppose to put distilled water over the beads before putting them in the humidifier ?

Allright !! Thanks guys . Do i suppose to put distilled water over the beads before putting them in the humidifier ?

What do you mean "put over" them? Do you mean do you spray the water on them before putting them in the humidifier, or afterwards?

I placed the beads in the nylon socks, put them inside the case of the humidifier, then sprayed them. Just be aware of excess water that can build up in the corners of the case that you can not see. I would recommend spraying them, then placing the brick "vent side" down on a cloth, and watch all the excess water drip out for the next 10 minutes.

You definitely don't want that all over your sticks.... :thumbs:

Ok thanks . I never had beads so i did not know how you suppose jump start them . Is it better to use distilled water or 50/50 solution ?

Distilled water only...never put anything else on them. They'll serve you well for years to come!!!

Derek

Those are some excellent tutorials.

If I were to convert a humidifier from foam to beads, I would take some sort of mesh-type material, and glue a strip of it inside the vented portion of the humidifier. Then, I would fill it w/ beads, snap both sides of the humidifier together, and you're all set. The purpose of the mesh bag is to keep the beads from falling through the vented slots, so to make it even a simpler mod, just glue some mesh material on the inside of the vented slots.

There's really no reason to use PG on beads. That stuff is a mess and distilled water is cheaper and works much better. The beads are designed to maintain 65% of 70% RH on their own, making PG useless. That stuff is better for units that don't regulate humidity themselves like sponges or crystals.