• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is Marring a Myth?

GilV

It's great so see so many new people and the different topics that have started recently.Here is my question. I believe most of us have heard about "marring" cigar flavors (the mixing of flavors by contact between cigars with different flavor). I read in another borad that this was a myth.Other than extream flavor/aromas mixing instances, does anyone REALY have any experience with "married" flavors? Can one assume that the change was due to the "marring" and not other aging factors or by storage humidity/temperature factors?Just a question...
:cool:

This is from Steve Sakka @ CigarNexus
No. I understand the concept of marrying, and have witnessed claro cigars that have been slightly stained with oils from a dark rich colorado cigar that were sitting beside it, but that was only after MANY years. Honestly I do not consider the marrying of different cigars to be a problem for those who smoke from their humidors on a semi-regular basis.I have been storing singles side by side for well over a decade with no impact whatsoever. Personally, I find the concept of marrying flavors between differing cigars to be an issue that "cigar wonks" banter about, but has little basis in reality and does not warrant any concern on your part. You have to keep in mind when you read all the recent advice printed about cigars that quite a bit of it is far too reaching and overtly scientific without cause. I have kept a wide variety of smokes crammed together for long periods (5+ years) in my "smoke from someday" humidors without this ever occurring. The only place I would be concerned is to always keep flavored, i.e.. rum soaked, Lars, etc. separate. Also for long term aging in quantity I believe in leaving the cigars in their original boxes if possible.Bottomline - the concept of cigar flavors marrying/blending is overhyped.He seems to know what he is talking about.

They don't stay together that long in my humi to marry .lol

Thanks for the info guys.Question: How about the cello wrappers? Do cigars age any better/worse if they are wrapped?

Tex/EdThanks just the sort of comments I was looking for.CD how about starting a thread with your cello question?
:cool: