• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is there a Hometown thread or forum?

BigFatDog

Is there a thread that lists local shops, by city, where a BOTL has found good service/supply/prices?

I haven't seen one... but, that's a DAMN fine idea!!! :thumbs:

David

Someone else had brought this up in another thread at one point.

My 2 cents, I think a pushpin map on here somewhere would be a good idea.

Picture the US Map with little pushpins all over it, you click on the pushpin and it lists the cigar shop name and address and maybe even a rating.

Hmmmm, now just to find someone to do it, lol.

I think someone has actually done this. It may have been on another board however, now that I think about it. I recall everyone listed their favorite B&M, and cigar friendly bars and restaurants in their hometowns. Not sure where it was though.... ???

There used to be one at www.cigargroup.com, but I'm not sure if it's still active or not.

ROD,,

This seems like a great idea.
I know CW has a where to smoke section.

Any chance we could set one up.

It would be nice for ppl who travel alot. They can always find a place where they can go for a smoke and not get looked at funny.

Sure thing. I've been wanting to do something like this for quite some time actually. I might just have everyone submit their listings to me directly, and then create a page with all the listings categorized by state/city.

I'll begin working on building the template...

This is a great idea.

We could have Name, Address, types of smokes, gougers or non gougers :)

I think where I saw this before was at clubstogie.com. Seems like a great idea for folks that travel.

I agree. That is a great idea. Especially since I do travel quite often. My next trip is to the Killeen/Fort Hood, TX area. Anyone here have recommendations on B&M and/or cigar friendly clubs/restuarants?

can post a bunch right off the top my head. of course (ulterior motive)i would hope everyone could remeber to post how big the parking lot is :D gotta have alot for my vehicle :D

I've been working on setting up a cigar friendly database. Should go live VERY soon.

It's pretty basic. HTML page will be populated with information submitted by members. Info will be sent to me. Upon review, I will add the location to our cigar friendly page.

Rod

That will be great. I travel all the time and this would be a great thing for those of us who live on the road. Thanks