• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is there a remedy 'plugged' cigars?

drockspang1

Hi all, I was wondering if there is any known fix or remedy for a plugged cigar? I'm pretty sure I know the answer: no. But there are a lot of guys around here that have a ton more knowledge then me, so I thought I'd ask. I was really disappointed tonight with one, that's why I asked. I had a Punch that was given to me, and I had been anticipating smoking it ALL day, only to be standing outside freezing my b*lls off, sucking my eyeballs into my skull! It probably would have been a pretty damn good smoke too? Oh well... I guess I'll have to learn to just throw those damn things out and save myself the aggravation? Thanks!

Wow, that's some serious hardware! I can't believe I didn't think of something like that? Wasted a good stick that might have otherwise been saved. Have you ever used one? Do they work well?

I have not but I have heard good things. I am sure a more experienced member can weigh in!

Paul

I use whenever I have a plugged stick. A bamboo skewer also works, or basically anything thin and long you can get into a cigar. Take it slow, insert it a little, then check the draw. Do it until you get a perfect draw!

It's basically use a draw tool or throw it away. I would obviously prefer not to use one, but sometimes I'm left without another option!

Man, I really am 'green' at this! It never dawned on me to try to loosen the plug by inserting something into the cigar? My dumba** tried squeezing and pinching/rolling the cigar between my thumb and forefinger, only to totally destroy the wrapper! It was one hell of a mess at the end boys, let me tell you. Anyway, thanks for the tip!

You can always send me a message or hell shoot me a text or give me a ring and I'll help you out!

Glad we could help! Also if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask but also try the search function as it usually will have some great results with quicker answers then starting a thread and awaiting an answer.

Merry Christmas
Paul

I have an old hat pin that was my grandmothers that i use when i have too, couldn't find another use for it lol.

In my experience, all that stuff works, sort of. The cigar never burns or smokes the way a properly constructed cigar should. It's better than shit-canning it, but only a little.

Doc

In my experience, all that stuff works, sort of. The cigar never burns or smokes the way a properly constructed cigar should. It's better than shit-canning it, but only a little.

Doc

Doc nailed it. The problem with most plugged smokes is they are over filled and when you try to run a skewer of most any kind down the middle, the wrappers blow up (crack). Not too long ago, I came to the conclusion that if a cigar had the draw of a tent peg, I just pitch 'em. Just not worth the frustration and BS when I'm in the mood for a nice relaxing smoke. Cigars are handmade products, and once in a while you get a tent peg. Such is the game....

Thompson also has the "DrawPoker" (which I have). They work better than most as the skewer is guided and usually traverses the length of the cigar without coming out the side. Lastly, you can try "dry boxing" (store the cigar with no humidification) for a few days. My desk drawer works well for this....but the success rate for any of this shens is about 3%....just not worth the anger, IMHO.....

Back