• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is there an official CP HERF?

rnccen

I don't have a title
Hey is there an official annual CP HERF? If not lets see about getting one going

Rnccen

Just my 2 cents, but it would would make a hell of alot more sense for CP'ers to attend the Land of Lincoln Herf. It's one of the best herfs in the country every year, well established, several CP'ers attend eary year, and it's put on by long time CP'er MattR. Organizing a kickass herf takes alot time, effort, and commitment from several motivated people. With Land of Lincoln all the ground work has already been done. All people need to do is show up. Plus for a bonus...it's a charity herf and goes to a very good cause. There's a big difference between half a dozen CP'ers sitting in a bar enjoying a smoke and a herf the caliber of Land of Lincoln. If you want a "CP Herf" get everyone motivated to attend LOLHERF IV. It would be the best herfin you could have with fellow members. Again...JM2C. :)

Yep, everyone is welcome at the LOL Herf. I could even set up a table just for CPer's, if you want. LMAO!!

I kinda liked the table I sat at last year thank you very much. ;)

Jeff's comments are spot on.

A-Freakin'-Men, Kenny!!!! Who the heck does Matt think he is jackin' us 'round like that?!?!?! LMFAO!!!!

Hope to see y'all there again this year. :D

Floyd T. :sign:

TheBeast said:
Organizing a kickass herf takes alot time, effort, and commitment from several motivated people.
There's a big difference between half a dozen CP'ers sitting in a bar enjoying a smoke and a herf the caliber of Land of Lincoln.
Pardon my ignorance, but what precisely is the difference? I thought a Herf was just CPers getting together to BS and enjoy a good 'gar or three.

Treamayne said:
TheBeast said:
Organizing a kickass herf takes alot time, effort, and commitment from several motivated people.
There's a big difference between half a dozen CP'ers sitting in a bar enjoying a smoke and a herf the caliber of Land of Lincoln.
Pardon my ignorance, but what precisely is the difference? I thought a Herf was just CPers getting together to BS and enjoy a good 'gar or three.
Ah yes BUT the LOL Herf is a relatively large event with mostly non-CPer's in attendance. The LOL Herf also has raffles and various assorted activities and lasts for TWELVE hours on Saturday :0 There's a pre=herf dinner on Friday and actually some early arrivers will be getting together on Thursday night as well.

LOL IV is an EVENT as opposed to a one day informal herf. I plan on flying to Chicago early Thursday morning and spending some time with some friends in Chicago and touring the CBOT and/or the CME. I haven't decided yet if I'm staying in Chicago Thursday night or driving the three hours to Springfield. I'll probably stay in Chicago and drive to Springfield on Friday.

I would guess that about six CPer's will attend LOL IV including me. Well I say that but I will make every effort to be there this year.

Ya don't wanna miss LOL Herf IV :thumbs:

Ya don't wanna miss LOL Herf IV

Didn't say I want to but.... I'll be thinkin' of you from Japan or what ever country I happen to be deployed to ATT.

Thanks for the info - but I guess I'll stick to informal get-together Herfs for this US visit. No time left to do anything fancy.

Oh, and CC - you from MI and living in CT or just like the Wolverines?