• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is there some way to sort people by their

Lumberg

Opus Lover
It would be fun to see who was the oldest poster, the youngest, etc.

"Is there some way to sort people by their birthdates or other characteristics?"

To answer your question:

NO

Ya gotta hang around more and start memorizing stuff like that!!

Who needs databases?

I know who is the oldest poster among the active ones but you gotta figure that out yourself.

The youngest is Misc 'cause he lied about what year he was born in :sign:

Then we've got a member who had FIVE different Birthdays in November. Now that's an interesting statistic ;)

How many active members do we have in Florida?
How many active members do we have in Texas?
How many active members are ham radio operators?
How many active members like to home brew?

The answers to these and many other mysteries are easily found grasshopper.......

Seek and ye shall find ;)

i lied about hte year i was born.

I thought so. Good thing you told the truth about your "location" otherwise, we'd all think you lost your marbles :sign: :sign:

coventrycat86 said:
"Is there some way to sort people by their birthdates or other characteristics?"

To answer your question:

NO

Ya gotta hang around more and start memorizing stuff like that!!

Who needs databases?

I know who is the oldest poster among the active ones but you gotta figure that out yourself.

The youngest is Misc 'cause he lied about what year he was born in :sign:

Then we've got a member who had FIVE different Birthdays in November. Now that's an interesting statistic ;)

How many active members do we have in Florida?
How many active members do we have in Texas?
How many active members are ham radio operators?
How many active members like to home brew?

The answers to these and many other mysteries are easily found grasshopper.......

Seek and ye shall find ;)
I hereby nominate ccat as the official statistician of Cpass. You may change your location at will.

:)

Ahhh, I'm glad THAT'S settled.

So,

CC,

I've always wanted to know....who has the highest posting rates on those days when we have a full moon and the wind is blowing from the South. ???

Horse said:
Ahhh, I'm glad THAT'S settled.

So,

CC,

I've always wanted to know....who has the highest posting rates on those days when we have a full moon and the wind is blowing from the South. ???
That would be Phil...as he has the most posts on all days :p

That would be Phil...as he has the most posts on all days

Sorry fast but ya gotta leave the "official" statistics up to me.

When the moon is full, it's Lumberg hands down
When the wind is blowing from the SOUTH, it's generally me or jolly.

Now granted these are just recent statistics, over the life of CPass, it may be hard to determine (sorry, I just let ya down as the official statistician :( )

But, the last time the moon was full the winds were not out of the south so in answer to Horse's question:

Lumberg ;)

yea... it would be cool.

but lots of work.

and some people are associated with 2 states... like me.

and some people are associated with 2 states... like me.

Yeah, state of confusion and state of insanity
yep.gif

coventrycat86 said:

To answer your question:

NO
And that it is the way it should be. If members could be grouped and categorized by their demographic characteristics, the information would have commercial applications. In order to protect the privacy of the members, especially me, I do not want this information to be readily available. Quite frankly, it worries me when I see inquiries of this nature.

BACCHUS said:
coventrycat86 said:

To answer your question:

NO
Quite frankly, it worries me when I see inquiries of this nature.
DUDE!!! Lighten up!!!! :D

gr8full2day said:
BACCHUS said:
coventrycat86 said:

To answer your question:

NO
Quite frankly, it worries me when I see inquiries of this nature.
DUDE!!! Lighten up!!!! :D
Hey! That was my revised, "can't we all just get along" version. :D

Seriously, there are plenty of opportunists lurking these boards. You would have to ask Rod, but I think the reason the profiles, etc. are not set up in a more "data friendly" fashion is to help prevent the personal information of the members from being compiled, cross-referenced and analyzed. This is part of the security of the site.

The best and safest way to obtain the information Lumberg is seeking is to start a thread, that way people who want to be identified, will be, and those who don't, won't. I would hate to see a situation on this board where someone could specifically target me and start bugging me because I meet a certain demographic.

Anyway, that's my .02. I don't think I am overreacting. After all, this is the internet, and I have only met 7 of the 850 or so members of this board.

Take care, Bacchus

That is correct. We do not want people getting your personal information without you willingly providing it. Even your email addresses are hidden, that's why we use forms, and CP's email servers when people send you a personal email.

There are alot of bots out there scouring the web for data, and we don't want them getting any of your/our personal information.

Hope this helps...

Just how many HAMs are on CP ;)

Interestingly...I know at least 10 HAMS who are into astronomy and three of them prefer to enjoy an ocasional cigar under the stars :D

A coincidence....I think not

Gunpowder said:
Just how many HAMs are on CP ;)
Don't know. But if you start a thread in the Lobby, you will probably find out. ;)

Take care, Bacchus