• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is there such a thing as the Yankees "team"

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
With the best collection of players money can buy these Yankees have repeatedly fallen well short of expectation.

The collection of individual talents is always impressive, and is always enough to get them into October but for the last 7 years, and particularly the last 3 years, the Yankees have nothing more than a collection of talented individuals.

Is there such a thing as the Yankees team?

There was such a thing as a Yankees team back in '96 through 2000. I'm not sure why they ever got away from what they were doing. I guess ol' George thought "You know, the way we're doing things is great, what with the 4 World Series titles and all...what the hell, let's do things completely different and buy up every free-agent head case we can!"

This is what I've been saying. Look how far the Dbacks got this year. I'm a yankees fan myself, but come on....

Hey, the Yankees have awesome talent and I say YES, they have a very good team but Cleveland and Boston were just plain better this year, (so were the Angels) that's all. Ya can't win the World Series every year.

The Yankees will be back before you know it. Any MLB team can pretty much beat any other MLB team just about any day of the week. I'll take any of the Yankees starters on my team (the Astros). I wish we could have held on to Pettitte but it just wasn't meant to be..... :(

The Yankees will not have a losing season anytime soon. I don't know if many other team (like my Astros :whistling: ) can say that with any certainty like the Yankees can. ;)