• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is this legit?

I'm sure it's "legit" but if you're a US citizen, you're breaking Federal law if you buy a Cuban cigar from them.

Ahh. I see, what made me think it was alright was the fact that they will only ship to the US if I remember correctly. Thats odd though..

Ahh. I see, what made me think it was alright was the fact that they will only ship to the US if I remember correctly. Thats odd though..
They cannot ship to Canada because they'd be violating Canadian law if they did.

Hmm... The NC cigars look like a good deal, but something just doesn't seem right.

LOL! That thread was pretty funny though. Lot's of idiots who know nothing........admitting to violating the embargo!

I got a good chuckle out of the last post as of my reading..."If it has a tripple cap, then it's real" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Great reading over there...

But who knew our very own MC is a customs agent?

I also have relatives in US Customs, one of which is Miami Cuban,

Edit to add:
:sign:

Thought I had that up there before to show I thought it was funny, not that I thought it was serious

82615750og5.jpg

It's a TRAP!!!!

The same thread's been on Fat Wallet for a while, with folks reporting receiving smokes. Hey, a buck for a VSG? I mean, what the heck...

J

Things that seem too good to be true usually are...

If you are that eager to send out your credit card information I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. Just $1... You'd make it up the first day in tolls.

I tried this and so did a friend of mine. Neither of our CC's were charged and neither of us received a cigar...

I e-mailed (since they do have my CC number) and asked them what the deal was.

This is precisely the reason I have a separate ATM/Visa card I use for on-line and catalog purchases. I only keep a nominal amount of money in the account and generlaly only enough to cover purchases I make. That way if the number gets out I do not lose too much.

I would never use my reagular credit card or main checking account ATM for internet purchases.

Works for me.

Hmmmm....how's the old saying go...."if it seems to good to be true..."

I notice they are selling the Stinky ashtray for $45 and list it as something like Deep Bowl Stainless Ashtray... you would think they would at least name it...pretty fishy. I assume the price increase is because of the exchange rate...

I know people who have done this and received their cigars, however, if 1000 people did this - this would be at least a $10,000 marketing scheme...

e-mail was replied:

"Hello John,
Pick a Cigar, a Free Cigar. Your order is being processed! We have not charged the handling fee.
Customers have been placing orders for more then one free cigar and this is slowing down us down. Your free cigar will be sent via post mail with in the next 10 business days.
Please note: All regular orders are shipped via courier and take 3-6 business days.

Regards,
Tamara Leibold
Cigar500.com Ltd.

Your order has been updated to the following status.
New status: Pending
Please reply to this email if you have any questions."

So I'm not sure what to make of this, but... Anthony Masciangelo is the person who has registered cigar500.com -- and he has also registered the site onlyonefix.com which apparently sells contact lenses. Oddly enough, on that page he appears to use a pseudonym "Anthony Donato"

There's an article about it here. I dunno, something doesn't smell right.

I'm also not sure why these Trinidads don't have pigtails...

IF this is legit, they are doing this as a promotion to generate business. If it is not legit, they are likely doing this to obtain consumer information and/or worse...