• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is Thompson Cigar a reputable merchant?

elpresidente

Just looking through their samplers and noticed that some of the presentation seems, well, cheap. can't place it but there are hints that the cigars they offer may not be up to par. wondered what the guys here though of the site.

I hate it. Lousy cigars, bad customer service and their prices are too high.

HELL NO!

Stay away from them. There are much better places to buy from. After just one order I had to threaten them with legal action to get them to leave me alone :angry2:

CI has better prices on the premium cigars. Be sure and check out Rod's thread on the Iguana maduros. They are the only Thompson produced brand worth a darn. The rest are just bottom of the barrel cigars that they manage to get their hands on. Do not give them your phone number if you do order from them, they have telemarketers who will harass you. So......maybe it's wise to just stay away from them. CI is jut better in every regard.

I bought a "Special Promotion" they were having which included a travel humidor. Travel Humi sucks and so do the cigars. Some type of "Wall Street" brand.

But hey, I'm still a Newbie to this whole cigar thing

coventrycat86 said:
0 for 4 so far :laugh:
[snapback]162103[/snapback]​

I should mention that Bill is being sarcastic here. He's the biggest Thompson whore there is. He orders Belmondos, Amorosos, and Thompson gran reserves every time he can.

:love: :love:
oval_logo2.jpg

:love: :love:

I bought a humidor from them about 2 years ago. It came full of quite possibly the sh*ttiest cigars I've ever tried. It came with 25 of those turd sticks and I threw away 23 of them (I always give a cigar at least two chances). However, the humi worked fine. It's not my main one, but I still use it. Also, they only called me once after that order.

But I've since found much better retailers like the ones listed above.

Eric

Bah hah hah! Just read the ads about the cigars it's all good Schmidt! :sign:

What the.....Thompsons is the highest quality cigars ever made dont listen to these people. :laugh:
Actually I just about made the same mistake and ordered my first stuff from them than the Famous catalog and CI catalog got to my house before I ordered.Thank god.

Thompson's is a decent retailer, in that you will get your order in a decent timeframe after purchase. (AMA) Their customer service is non-existant at best and nearly hostile every other time. Their cigars are (mostly) utter crap-rods (not Rod) but they are a cheap way to get a decent, cheap humidor as a newbie. I got the $25 50-Cigar desk humidor (without their crap-logo BTW) package that came cigar-free and with a cutter and stuff instead and it has worked fine for me so far.

So I would say that you can get some decent accessories, but don't buy smokes there. Don't (under any circumstances) check any box allowing them to email, phone, mail or in any way contact you because they make telemarketers look like slackers.

I would add Famous Smoke to the list of good sites to order from - they've always done right by me. I also really like their search interface (drop downs based on available singles, packs or boxes).

V/R

-K-

well the verdict seems pretty unanimous, thanks for the help guys, I will remove them from the favorites list and replace them with the names mentioned.
I'd like to take this opportunity to say that this forum has got to be one of the best on the web. thanks again

Famous's catalog is set up in a very cool way as well. All the cigars for that type lined up to see.

I have gotten a few good deals while visiting their store front.....But outside of that, their customer service BLOWS GOAT BAGS and the way they hipe their product in the catalog is down right helarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the search function! I just did a search on Thompson, half way knowing the answer but wanting proof. I'm gonna have to save up $100 for a newbie trade thing. I go to the local shops but just get confused, each shop has a favorite and sometimes I like them sometimes I don't. Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm going to have to start reading some of the cigar reviews here and try to find something to try that I may really like.

Oh yeah, it's too late to cancel the order I have coming but most of my friends know so much less than me they will love those I'm sure.

HELL NO!

Stay away from them. There are much better places to buy from. After just one order I had to threaten them with legal action to get them to leave me alone :angry2:

x2

I had to send them a certified letter to dissolve our "relationship". ???