• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Isabela Cigars - reviewers wanted

cbw2647

Reaction score
As a follow up to a thread about Isabela Cigars that went in the wrong direction..........long story short...I contacted Isabela Cigars, which are rolled by Vincente Ortiz.....I received a few samples, and in all fairness to Isabela (who I had never heard of nor have any connection with,,etc), I want to send a cigar to 3 different members who feel that they are capable of doing a fair and unbiased review. Let me know if you're interested and we'll all post our reviews :D

I'm in.

It's all yours JL...I'm already in a review.

Thanks!

I'll do it. :cool:

edited to add: HOLY HELL! 3 post @ 12:21pm CST!!! And I'm on the losing end of it. :sign: :rolleyes:

Ok,,,,looks like we have

stl, scuba and JL.......I think I have one address. I'll get these sent out and ...........away we go

Sweet... I'm excited.(I love trying cigars for the first time) I like you never heard of them before and couldn't find anything online. You want us to post in here with our review?

Edited: spelling

I just received the cigar today. I'll try and smoke it later today but I don't know if I'll have the time.

Got the stick in great condition so after letting it rest in my humi over night I took it to work and right around siesta time I wondered out to the B&M next door to light it up.

Pre Light – Nice appearance (Robusto Size) with an even colored light wrapper, nicely bunched. Clipped the cap went for the pre light draw and was surprised at the sweet taste of sugar cane on the cap, reminiscent of a La Fontana. Once I got past the surprise of the sweet taste, the draw was open with a hint of grass and a fresh tobacco flavor.

The Light – Easy to light and nice draw, medium amount of light colored smoke. Hint of peppery spice on the lips and back of the throat.

1st Half – Easy draw and even burn producing a tightly packed whitish ash. Flavored cap taste dissipated after a few draws and the spicy flavor intensified a bit, with a slight caramel taste creeping in. I was surprised to find that after about an inch into the smoke, the flavor begin to mellow considerable and then strengthen only to mellow out again.

2nd Half – Continued with a mellow taste with hints of leather and caramel, nice easy draw, maybe a little to open, but not unpleasant. Mellowness continued until the end with just a hint of pepper toward the end that may be the result of the heat.

Overall – A well constructed smoke, easy on the palate, but a little one dimensional for my tastes but still a nice smoke if you like mild flavor. Think this could be a very nice go-to smoke, and would be willing to purchase a few and let them age and try them again as there was a hint of complexity….but only a hint. Wondering where the “beef” was on this smoke. I would definitely like to see if they have a fuller flavor smoke to have something to balance this one with.

First review......lot of fun trying something new....

Prime Cigar Company is hosting a Free Isabela Miami Cigar Event Saturday April 18th, 2009 from 1-5 pm. Free Isabela Miami cigars, free Sprecher micros, and a lavish free French Buffet from renowned caterer C'Est Si Bon !! Hawaian shirt contest, prizes, raffles and much much more, only at Prime Cigar Company, 18900 w bluemound rd, Brookfield wi
www.primecigar.net for more info
www.isabelacigarcompany.com

This will be the only midwest event from Isabela Miami this quarter !!

Prime Cigar Company is hosting a Free Isabela Miami Cigar Event Saturday April 18th, 2009 from 1-5 pm. Free Isabela Miami cigars, free Sprecher micros, and a lavish free French Buffet from renowned caterer C'Est Si Bon !! Hawaian shirt contest, prizes, raffles and much much more, only at Prime Cigar Company, 18900 w bluemound rd, Brookfield wi
www.primecigar.net for more info
www.isabelacigarcompany.com

This will be the only midwest event from Isabela Miami this quarter !!

And your connection with them is?