• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISO a good humidor brand

vange

I want to buy one good humidor to store my cigars. I have one, but I suspect its a bit cheap.
What are some good brands or are there any tips to buying a good humidor. Someone told me to avoid glass top ones, not sure why.

Unless you're looking at a larger, handmade unit, brands aren't really important. The primary considerations should be seal and size. Make sure the unit seals well and is large enough for your needs. Glass top humi's are fine as long as they provide a good seal.

There are several methods for determining the unit's seal quality. Some like the "whoosh" test. Some use a "dollar bill" test. Others go by the flashlight test. A quick search here or on Google should provide adequate info.

What's your budget and what estimated cigar capacity would you like for it to hold? Is this to be displayed or hidden away?

I really love my Craftsman's Bench table top humidor. Only rule I should have followed is to buy the largest you can afford as my 100-count filled up in about a month.

John

If you want a nice desk top humidor try the Diamond Crown line. A good home for your cigars. It would be hard to find a better desk top at their price point.

Otherwise, the others have stated the truth a cooler is the easiest and cheapest to set up. Like in all things YMMV.

If you want a nice desk top humidor try the Diamond Crown line. A good home for your cigars. It would be hard to find a better desk top at their price point.

Otherwise, the others have stated the truth a cooler is the easiest and cheapest to set up. Like in all things YMMV.

Reed and Barton / Diamond Crown. :thumbs:

What's your budget and what estimated cigar capacity would you like for it to hold? Is this to be displayed or hidden away?

Thanks for the replies so far, they have been very helpful. To answer this question to narrow it down...

200 cigars and $300. This isnt etched in stone though. It will be displayed, but in my basement office.

I would look at the following sites:

Cigarmony - Mark is a BOTL here and is highly respected by the members hes got some good ones.
Southside Cigar - Dave is also a BOTL here and has hooked up a number of guys (myself included) with some good stuff.
Cheap Humidors - I've bought 2 humidors here and they were pretty good. I bought them imperfect and they turned out fine.

As far as the humidor you linked to it looks fine but I would check out the links I mentioned.

Thanks for the links. I emailed Mark for some recommendations. I'll let you all know what I get.