• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISO Fried Pickle Recipe

insight

Making friends everywhere!
Anyone cook these? When I was in college in the midwest I got hooked on beer battered pickles (pub food!) but here on the coast I have never seen them available.

I've seen these both as fried slices and fried spears. My wife makes them with sliced pickles and I think they are good. Let me know if this is what you are looking for and I'll get the info.

I cook them all the time. I prefer the fried slices as they fry better and are crunchier than the spears. Here's my recipe..

Ingredients:
Dill pickle slices
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
5-6 drops of Tabasco sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
1 egg
8 ounces whole milk or buttermilk
Flour
Salt
Pepper

Directions
Mix egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, and 1 tablespoon flour in bowl.

Mix salt, pepper (to taste) with 2 cups flour.
*if you want to kick it up another notch, add cayenne pepper to the dry mix...

Dip pickles in egg wash, then flour, then egg, then flour - drop in hot oil (350 degrees) and fry until golden, 2-3 minutes.

Quality recipes above

I use home made pickle spears from the mother in law

I prefer beer batter myself

1 cup all purpose floor
1 cup beer (usually bud-lite but feel free to experiment)
1 Tablespoon of Old Bay Season
1 tsp Chili powder

Mix in bowl, then strain let set in cooler for 1 hour

Don't really need the egg if the pickles are moist, just flour (repeat if nessicary, you want a good coat of flour) then dip into beer batter ( you want to make sure batter covers whole pickle ), make sure oil is deep enough to allow pickle to float. Fry till golden crisp.

Server with a pepper-corn ranch dressing with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese

FRENCH FRIED PICKLES

1 qt. dill pickles, thinly sliced
1 3/4 c. all purpose flour, divided
2 T. red pepper
2 t. paprika
2 t. pepper
2 t. garlic salt
1 t. salt
3 dashes Tabasco sauce
1 c. beer

Dredge pickles in 1 c. flour and set aside. Combine remaining 3/4 c. flour with dry ingredients and mix well. Add hot sauce and beer and mix well. Dip dredged pickles into batter and fry in hot oil (375°) til pickles float to the surface and are golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
(yield: 2 1/2 dozen appetizer servings)

My favorites are at Hooters.

But an acceptable substitute can be had at Sonic.

You fry any of these bad boys up yet, Phil?? Lets hear the report!

We are gathering the forces to start the tasting this weekend!

So all my wife does is dips hamburger dills in beaten eggs then dredges in cornmeal and fries. She also e-mailed me this recipe.

I think I will give some of these a shot this weekend as well.

A restaurant here in my town serves them on the side with whatever you order. YUMMMMMY!!!!!!

We tried Jonas' and Breedy's recipes this weekend and both were excellent. Between the two everyone felt they were equal and different. Now I know how easy it is to prep them it may be a very bad thing....

We tried Jonas' and Breedy's recipes this weekend and both were excellent. Between the two everyone felt they were equal and different. Now I know how easy it is to prep them it may be a very bad thing....

Yup... pretty much beer batter and deep fry anything. Trust me, a misspent youth working in restaurant, slow nights anything goes.