• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISO Pineapple Upside Down Cake

xRanger

My mom use to make this when I was little, but I have not it for years. Does anyone have a good recipe?

This is the recipe we use. I don't know where we got it.

1 8oz can pineapple slices
2 tbls butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 maraschino cherries, halved
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsps baking powder
1/3 cup shortening
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsps vanilla. Use the real thing, or don't bother using anything at all.

Drain pineapple; reserve liquid. Halve slices. Melt butter in a 9x1 1/2 inch baking pan. Stir in brown sugar and 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple liquid. Add water to remaining liquid to make 3/4 cup. Arrange pineapple and cherries in pan. Combine flour, baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt. Beat shortening about 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar; beat till well combined. Add egg and vanilla; beat 1 minute. Add dry ingredients and the 2/3 cup liquid alternatively to beaten mixture, beating after each addition. Spread in pan. Bake in a 350 oven 40 min. Cool 5 min; invert onto a plate. Serve warm.

Doc.

Tried this last night, ad the entire family loved it. And yes, I used real vanilla!! ;)

Thanks for the recipe Doc, it was awesome!

Bill

Doc, I doubt those maraschino cherries would ever make it to the cake in my house...I'd have downed them long before they had the chance.