• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISOM Review - Cohiba Siglo V ('94)

oak

Let it burn...
Here's the third of my weekend reviews from my smokey weekend...

Just for fun, I bought 2 aged ('94) Siglo V's recently along with some more recently minted cohiba's (various sizes, including some Siglo V's from 02). I smoked the first '94 yesterday and all I have to say is, "Holy Crap."

I used a punch cut, which I normally do not - but this stick is smaller in diameter than I usually have and the diameter looked just right for a punch. The construction of this stick was very good, and feels very very tight. Draw was firm, but not overly so.

The flavor of this thing is signature cohiba - which to me: means coffee, cedar, and lots of pepper-spice taste. This one had another flavor - which I would have to say reminded me of licorice. Started out relatively simple and got steadily tastier. I normally don't worry about the ash on a cigar (let it fall when it will) - but I made a concentrated effort to keep it long on this one (no idea why - probably wanted to avoid the heat that often comes from a smaller diameter for me).

One thing that surprised me: This cigar was stronger, smoother, and more flavorful (but still similar, just with more depth) than the two other Siglo V's I've smoked to date (which were both from '02). I had expected the increase in smoothness - but had thought that would come at the expense of the overall strength and flavor, at least to a certain degree?

I don't have much else to say on this one. The taste was wonderful - and it was both strong and very very smooth. It was one of those cigars where you had no desire to drink much in between - and left a nice after-taste. I started with water until the last 2 inches, then switched to coffee just for fun (nice combo). My favorite cigar of the weekend - and in my top-five smoking experiences overall.

Cheers,

- Oak

There is nothing like a well kept, aged Cohiba. :)