• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISOM Suggestions

This is a joke, right? So you are telling me that I should watch my back when I am in a cozy cafe in Seville, Spain in case a US Treasury agent snags the Quai d'Orsy out of my hand and slaps me with a $50,000.00 fine. Or don't even mention it here in case the boogieman gets me.
Where do you guys come up with this shit?

And for the CP- Illegal-Cuban-Patrol up there: We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for reminding us naive people whose numbers are probably reaching in the millions, yet once again for the Nth time, that these cigars are illegal. Guys , save your breath and our time. WE KNOW THEY ARE ILLEGAL. I have noticed that these members that are on the illegal bandwagon have nothing to add in this forum other than piss on other people's parade with their warnings.

I sincerely apologize to the older members and Rod for my strong charge here, for they have a good community here except that some people don't know their place. But I do, and this will probably be my last post. I will miss chatting with some of you gentlemen. I learned a lot and I thank you.

Farewell to all and happy smoking. Cubans and all.

WTF - who do you think you are? Some people - jeeez :0 ???

Brian

This is a joke, right? So you are telling me that I should watch my back when I am in a cozy cafe in Seville, Spain in case a US Treasury agent snags the Quai d'Orsy out of my hand and slaps me with a $50,000.00 fine. Or don't even mention it here in case the boogieman gets me.

And for the CP- Illegal-Cuban-Patrol up there: We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for reminding us naive people whose numbers are probably reaching in the millions, yet once again for the Nth time, that these cigars are illegal. Guys , save your breath and our time. WE KNOW THEY ARE ILLEGAL. I have noticed that these members that are on the illegal bandwagon have nothing to add in this forum other than piss on other people's parade with their warnings.

People on the various BB will remind you often that these are illegal. The reason you ask? Because its just more polite to remind you that these are illegal and hope that you will excercise some discretion on the subject than to just call you a dumb fuck for yabbering on about it. People have their address posted in their their profile, and openly brag about what they ordered, when they ordered it, whom they ordered it from, how they paid for it and then eventually start posting pictures of your "booty". A reminder that these are illegal is a more gentlemanly approach to remind you that these actions are short sighted and lame. No one likes a braggard, especially when it comes to contraband.

You may just want to understand that most people around the boards will treat you like an adult until YOU prove you can't behave like one. I for one would accept this more polite hint. However, if you can't see that people are cutting you slack, then chances are, your contributions to ANY boards will not be missed.

I was reading in one of the cigar magazines that it is illegal for an American citizen to smoke a cuban cigar regardless if he was out of the country...

People on the various BB will remind you often that these are illegal. The reason you ask? Because its just more polite to remind you that these are illegal and hope that you will excercise some discretion on the subject than to just call you a dumb fuck for yabbering on about it. People have their address posted in their their profile, and openly brag about what they ordered, when they ordered it, whom they ordered it from, how they paid for it and then eventually start posting pictures of your "booty". A reminder that these are illegal is a more gentlemanly approach to remind you that these actions are short sighted and lame. No one likes a braggard, especially when it comes to contraband.

You may just want to understand that most people around the boards will treat you like an adult until YOU prove you can't behave like one. I for one would accept this more polite hint. However, if you can't see that people are cutting you slack, then chances are, your contributions to ANY boards will not be missed.

The post was really more clarification than finger wagging anyways - the embargo says it's illegal for Americans to consume Cuban product anywhere, more over, it also allows for penalities for foreign companies that do business with Cuba - ie, if Airbus woke up tomorrow and started making planes in Cuba, they could face an embargo against all their product on the US market, not just the Cuban stuff. The post also never said you'd be caught and prosecuted smoking in Spain, technically they couldn't punish you in Spain unles the Spanish government extradited you.

Moreover, the finger wagging is completely in line with the spirit of Rod's warning in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. While discussing your experience with a particular Cuban or asking about the authenticity of a cigar is informational and useful, just posting pictures of your recent purchase is really kind of pointless and puts the board at risk for no reason.

you guys can always come up to Canada for free health care and all you can eat Cubans :D

I was reading in one of the cigar magazines that it is illegal for an American citizen to smoke a cuban cigar regardless if he was out of the country...

That is very interesting. I vacation at the Atlantis on Paradise Island. They have a smoke shop at the hotel. It carries only Cuban cigars. The hotel is filled mostly with guests from the US. All those guys in the shop buying and smoking those cigars were actually violating the law? Smoking a Cuban cigar on forign soil is illeagal? I had no idea, interesting.....

I for one do not purchase ISOMS. It is not my intention to violate the law, even if I don't agree with it. I think it is our obligation to comply with the laws passed by our legilators regardless of my personal opions. It is what makes this nation what it is. JMHO

All those guys in the shop buying and smoking those cigars were actually violating the law?

As ridiculous as it sounds, it's true. It would be difficult and expensive to enforce, but it's the law.

Off the top of my head:

Quai d'Orsay
Many H. Upmanns
Aforementioned ERDM Choix Supreme
Fonsecas

all fit under the heading of mild to medium, IMO.

Just a note to the folks who talk about smoking Cuban cigars when "you're out of the country;" it's as illegal for an American to smoke a Havana in Seville as it is in Seattle. Chances of getting caught are slimmer, but the same law applies to you wherever you are.

I sincerely apologize to the older members and Rod for my strong charge here, for they have a good community here except that some people don't know their place. But I do, and this will probably be my last post. I will miss chatting with some of you gentlemen. I learned a lot and I thank you.

Farewell to all and happy smoking. Cubans and all.

So...does this mean we can't enjoy a smoke together?

you guys can always come up to Canada for free health care and all you can eat Cubans :D

I'm not paying $12-15US for a petite coronas. You have access but good god, the taxes would kill my habit real quick.

Wilkey

I'm not paying $12-15US for a petite coronas. You have access but good god, the taxes would kill my habit real quick.

Gotta pay for that free healthcare somehow. :p

Also, where do you guys smoke? I know in the a lot of the States we're still free to enjoy a cigar at the B&M, a restaurant or a bar...

OpusXXXactly! :D

Also, where do you guys smoke? I know in the a lot of the States we're still free to enjoy a cigar at the B&M, a restaurant or a bar...

Either in the house or at the underground cigar club... MUHAHAHAHHA ???

Find me a house, job and a place to hunt, and we got a deal!! :thumbs:

In the big cities you need about $300-350K US for a smallish house... lots of jobs, especially if you like having oily hands and probably more places to hunt then there are guns :)

biehn.jpg

Well... Bye.

CYG

OpusXXXactly! :D

Either in the house or at the underground cigar club... MUHAHAHAHHA ???

Find me a house, job and a place to hunt, and we got a deal!! :thumbs:

In the big cities you need about $300-350K US for a smallish house... lots of jobs, especially if you like having oily hands and probably more places to hunt then there are guns :)

Exactly. What part of Canada are you from?

That is very interesting. I vacation at the Atlantis on Paradise Island. They have a smoke shop at the hotel. It carries only Cuban cigars. The hotel is filled mostly with guests from the US. All those guys in the shop buying and smoking those cigars were actually violating the law? Smoking a Cuban cigar on forign soil is illeagal? I had no idea, interesting.....

I for one do not purchase ISOMS. It is not my intention to violate the law, even if I don't agree with it. I think it is our obligation to comply with the laws passed by our legilators regardless of my personal opions. It is what makes this nation what it is. JMHO

I believe it is illegal to smoke Cuban cigars in a different country. The reality is that the U.S. gov. cannot enforce its laws within the borders of another country. For example, look at the hash bars in Amsterdam, illegal for U.S. citizens to partake in, but the U.S. gov. cannot enforce it.

How'd you enjoy your stay at Atlantis? Did you like the Leap of Faith water slide? :thumbs:

[/quote]

Exactly. What part of Canada are you from?
[/quote]

Near Toronto

I believe it is illegal to smoke Cuban cigars in a different country. The reality is that the U.S. gov. cannot enforce its laws within the borders of another country. For example, look at the hash bars in Amsterdam, illegal for U.S. citizens to partake in, but the U.S. gov. cannot enforce it.

How'd you enjoy your stay at Atlantis? Did you like the Leap of Faith water slide? :thumbs:
We love that place, try to get there once a year.

I've got an honest question here. I have read the various acts and executive orders concerning the embargo and this is what I understand to be true:

1. It is illegal to purchase Cuban goods anywhere.
2. It is illegal to import Cuban goods into the US (and consequently to possess them in the US) no matter who paid for them.
3. Provided a US citizen does not pay for Cuban goods, it is NOT illegal to possess or consume Cuban goods outside of the US
4. It is not illegal to be in Cuba, only to spend money traveling to, from, or within cuba or on food, housing, etc. (not really possible is it?)

I've seen a lot posted on this board that contradicts number 3. I'm the first one to admit I'm wrong (a lot), but I haven't read anything that outlaws my 3rd statement. If I am wrong, would someone please make a specific citation to a law that outlaws possession of cuban goods outside the US?