• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It Happened

TubalCain

Wow it happened, I had my first cigar "I get it moment" :thumbs:

As a cigar nobody I try and read through the past discussions here and and pick up bits and pieces the best I can. Today it happened, for a fleeting all to short moment I got it. A few days ago I ordered a four pack of Panencea Black label Robusto cigars, which arrived yesterday. I told myself I was going to let them sit for a week to rest from their journey with the USPS. The problem however was they kept calling me so I decided to try one ahead of schedule.

Damn, for the first time I was on another level, the smoke seemed to have an actual mouth feel, rich and creamy it felt like I could chew it. The taste was fantastic and the burn was the best I have ever seen. Just as I was settling in to what I thought was going to be my losing the cherry moment my dog saw a herd of freaking deer in the woods and lead me on a 45 minute chase through the forest. In my attempt to get him reined in my cigar gave it's short life as I stumbled into a tree and was destroyed.

Now I don't know what to do, I only have three left and I don't want to squander them. After I regained my composure I decided to have a cigar, but I went with a Punch Upper Cut that I picked up yesterday in my B&M. I've never had one and it was okay, but that's it, I didn't get that same feeling... How do you guys handle it? That short time with what I'll call a premium cigar was almost addictive.

I have nothing to add other than your story reminded me of a Dos Equis commercial. Carry on. :)

Panacea Black is a great smoke. I have high praise for Paul Bush on putting together that cigar blend. Good choice for an 'I get it moment'!

Yes! I really love this smoke. I smoke several cigars a day, and this is one brand that I never tire of.

Reliable in flavor, construction, and outstanding customer service.

Paul Bush "get's it" too!

I'm definitely going to have to give those a try. Sure been hearing enough good things about them here and elsewhere that they need given a go!

As far as how I handle the difference between fantastic and just so-so cigars, well . . . I'm not in Kingantz or Mr. Peat territory quite yet, but I am divorced, no kids, decent job, not too many other expensive hobbies, so---well, I smoke really good stuff all the time, actually. :laugh:

Having a Lost City right now in fact!

~Boar

I have nothing to add other than your story reminded me of a Dos Equis commercial. Carry on. :)
1266603377-DosEquisMan.jpg

Stay thirsty my friends :cool:

I got a fiver of Paul's Panacea Black "Seconds"...they were superb and he put a personal note in with my order...very nice touch and very solid Customer service and turn around time... so I agree with Punk Lawyer- Paul Bush "gets it".

Sorry about the early demise of your moment but I bet you'll always remember it!
cool.gif

Great story! :thumbs: I remember the first time that a cigar totally blew me away, and I spent a good amount of time chasing that feeling only to realize that it will come whenever it feels like it, and that chasing it was probably in fact keeping me from enjoying what I was smoking as much as I should. It was an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature nattie....it was superb. Once I got past the, "Gotta have that again!" stint, I've had many more such moments. It certainly is one of the joys of cigars.

Panacea Blacks are very good, but I do find myself liking the red labels more and more now. Cheap and tasty, it really is a hard combo to beat.

....well, that did it. I just ordered a 4-pack to see what these are like......
laugh.gif

Been wanting to try these for a while now as I have heard such good things. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Looks like you've found your favorite cigar. I'd pick up a box of those. You'll be needing all those cigars. Myself...I have not tried the Panacea brand yet. Not seem it in any B&M I've visted, but have heard much praise for the Red and the Black. Maybe I'll just have to get my lazy arse online and order some instead. Thanks for sharing the experience. Hope you have mnay more just like it.