• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It is the thought that counts

NotAquitter

My friend came back from a cruise and brought me some cigars. She took the bands off so I have no clue what kind of fakes they are but the kicker is I meet her for dinner and see these shriveled up cigars. It appears that the store keeper vacuum packed the cigars with no box and it sucked the freakin life right out of them. All I can do is shake my head. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Perhaps if I pray over them and put them in the humi they will look less like raisin fingers someday. They do smell good

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Beth

My friend came back from a cruise and brought me some cigars. She took the bands off so I have no clue what kind of fakes they are but the kicker is I meet her for dinner and see these shriveled up cigars. It appears that the store keeper vacuum packed the cigars with no box and it sucked the freakin life right out of them. All I can do is shake my head. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Perhaps if I pray over them and put them in the humi they will look less like raisin fingers someday. They do smell good

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Beth

I can't say that I have. Got any pics of them? I am intrigued. My best recommendation would be just get them in a humi ASAP, and pull them out in, oh, 2012. That might be enough time to revive them, if they can be revived

I actually got a package of smokes a while back from someone that used one of those food vaccum packaging thingys. I got a pretty good laugh when they arrived as they were smushed all to heck and back. I took them out and let them sit for a while and they got their shape back pretty much, maybe had a line or two. Smoked just fine for me.

sucked the freakin life right out of them

The oils are still there, just some of the air removed. And look at how culebras are all twisted and bent and they smoke just fine. Unless they're actually all cracked and broken up, they may smoke just fine. Odds are they're fake and will taste like crap, but they may burn okay... :laugh:

All the guy did was suck the air out...not the moisture.

Some of us have received cigars (in boxes) where this technique is used.

Cut them open, give them a short rest, then fire one up!

I actually got a package of smokes a while back from someone that used one of those food vaccum packaging thingys. I got a pretty good laugh when they arrived as they were smushed all to heck and back. I took them out and let them sit for a while and they got their shape back pretty much, maybe had a line or two. Smoked just fine for me.

Had the same thing happen to me as well.

Mine was the same and all smoked fine except for one. The foot was smooshed so it burned faster on one side. Be careful with the humidity as it reshapes as it may expand too fast and rip the wrapper.

Thanks for the replies I have them in the humi it runs about 70% so I will see I will try to post a photo but they look ,like Slim Jim's!

Hum. Dehydrated cigars? Were those the cigars the astronauts took to the moon? :sign: