• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Italian clasps, revisted

Holy Smokes! I'm kinda interested in this clasp thing too so when I came back and saw 19 posts I was pretty stoked... until I realized they were all about re-bumping old threads.
Speaking of which, maybe someone can post a new thread on what to bump and not to bump... or should someone just re-bump the old one :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, does anyone have anything to contribute to the questions posed regarding clasps? I know my box of Trini's from May of 98 (El Lag.) have the Italian clasp (LCDHTJ). Look real, taste great. Had no questions until now. Really don't doubt their authenticity, but it is curious that these clasps (Italian) would be associated with phony sticks.

Holy Smokes! I'm kinda interested in this clasp thing too so when I came back and saw 19 posts I was pretty stoked... until I realized they were all about re-bumping old threads.
Speaking of which, maybe someone can post a new thread on what to bump and not to bump... or should someone just re-bump the old one :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, does anyone have anything to contribute to the questions posed regarding clasps? I know my box of Trini's from May of 98 (El Lag.) have the Italian clasp (LCDHTJ). Look real, taste great. Had no questions until now. Really don't doubt their authenticity, but it is curious that these clasps (Italian) would be associated with phony sticks.

I might be able to find an old thread or two about proper introductions for new members. Otherwise I might suggest that people could possibly not enjoy your sarcasm since they have no idea who the hell you are. I'm all about sarcasm myself, I find it's a great tool to lighten the mood, however it's just such a horrible little critter when people attempt to use it on the internet. Especially, again, when they have no idea who on earth you are.

I might be able to find an old thread or two about proper introductions for new members. Otherwise I might suggest that people could possibly not enjoy your sarcasm since they have no idea who the hell you are. I'm all about sarcasm myself, I find it's a great tool to lighten the mood, however it's just such a horrible little critter when people attempt to use it on the internet. Especially, again, when they have no idea who on earth you are.

Done. So how bout it? Clasp Check!
I just checked every box I own and they're all the German variety (except the Trini's from '98)

Anyone else care to check (for the record)?
:D

How about we quit with the e-peen and answer the damn question. You know, I read more and post less, and I'm getting pretty tired of clicking on a topic only to find that I have to wade through about 6 pages of newbie abuse. For fuck's sake, couldn't you link him the old thread, then link him Rod's rules? It would waste a lot less of everyone's time.

How about we quit with the e-peen and answer the damn question. You know, I read more and post less, and I'm getting pretty tired of clicking on a topic only to find that I have to wade through about 6 pages of newbie abuse. For fuck's sake, couldn't you link him the old thread, then link him Rod's rules? It would waste a lot less of everyone's time.

I'm confused didn't you read post #2 and 4, both links were covered.

I'm confused didn't you read post #2 and 4, both links were covered.

And the other 15 posts were necessary why?

Well, I just checked mine, and one box (Cohiba 2006 LE) has a clasp with no manufacturer markings at all, no Schmale, no Cucci, no nothing.

Anyone else with Cohiba LE boxes care to check theirs and PM me any findings, please? TIA.

I'm going to call the store I got these at tomorrow, and then probably the Canadian importer. If I got fakes ... :angry:

Well, I just checked mine, and one box (Cohiba 2006 LE) has a clasp with no manufacturer markings at all, no Schmale, no Cucci, no nothing.

Anyone else with Cohiba LE boxes care to check theirs and PM me any findings, please? TIA.

I'm going to call the store I got these at tomorrow, and then probably the Canadian importer. If I got fakes ... :angry:

The link in the second post metions this.

I think the name was not put on some...or some such thing.

The link in the second post metions this.

I think the name was not put on some...or some such thing.
Cigar Smoke mentions in that thread that he saw clasps with no markings in the 1980's ... however, my box would have been made right around the time Frau Schmale went to Cuba, so I impute that it would be unlikely that a no-name clasp (which doesn't look particularly good under a lupe) would still be in use.

In any case, fakes have allegedly snuck into the legit pipeline before, and Havana House (Canadian importer) has been pretty responsive in the past, and the B&M is well-established. I don't normally smoke Cohiba, but I picked up these cigars as holiday presents to friends and family. I only smoked one, and it seemed similar to a PAN. The thought that I gifted fakes ... :angry: