• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It'll be just like starting over....

MichiganM

Padron Whore Extraordinaire
Ahh Lennon.....

Hey guys.

I'm starting my collection from the ground up. I'm ordering a Vicksburg 500 ct humidor to keep me busy through at least Thanksgiving. I'm looking for advice on where to start from. I'm thinking a box of Padron 2000, a box of HdM Excalibur Epicure or Merlins..a box of Short Story's...then maybe some singles of a couple Opus X's and some 64's....trying to keep it around 200. Do you guys think that is a good place to start? I'm sure if you could do it all over again you might come up with some fantastic places to start. I've also heard the newbie trade is a great place to start...maybe by sending a Fog a check I could get some great sticks to start with. Well any comments appreciated!

Jason

Forgot to mention...After I get the initial train going with the lower quality smokes to build around as daily stogies...then I'll move on to some ISOM's...probably some PSD4's or some RASS's. Just wondering where to really start from. Sorry I forgot to metion that.

Jason

Your ideas sound good to me. Definately try the newbie sampler trade. Those Cubans you mentioned may need a bit of age. If you aren't able to find or afford them with some age on them you could try Partagas shorts or Trinidads, in my exprience they have been pretty good young. Just my humble opinions. (take with a grain of salt)

Try Here or Here!

These can be very helpful in filling a humidor!
devil-smiley-024.gif

just got my first package from a wild nite a cigarbid! Becareful its very addicting $$$$$$$ lol ;)

The NSTT is the best place to start. If you're still thinking of buying a box, I would buy a couple singles and smoke them first to make sure you like them. I've had some cigars that everyone else raves about, but they just didn't appeal to me.

Here is a listof Non Cubans that I enjoy.

Diamond Crown Naturals by Fuente

Don Carlos by Fuente

Opus X by Fuente

Padron 1964

Davidoff Anniverary

Davidoff Milleniums

Ashton Aged Maduro and Cabinet Selection by Fuente

For cheaper cigars:

Padron regular line

Jr Ultimates in double maduro

El Rey Del Mundo

Fuente Green band and black band Sun Grown

Padron 2000's in maduro are great smokes. I smoke 3-4 a week, it seems.

For some interesting ISOMs you may also want to consider some of the smaller vitolas; Partagas "shorts" and maybe some Monte #4's. Those both smoke great but really need at least six months on them to start to shine; a year is better, IMHO.

Regards - B.B.S.

What have you had recently that you really enjoyed? Perhaps we can give some ideas of similar tasting smokes that you'll probably enjoy.