• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Its not just happening in America

Although your concern is probably shared by most members here, you are opening the door for great political debate.  Caution and wisdom must be used participating in this thread.

Ok I was warned about this on my last thread with the DC issue, And I don't mean it to be a political debate. Just as Paul posted about the Boston Bombing, its geared more toward informing members of what is going on, if they don't already know. And seeing there feelings and thoughts on the issue. If the idea is not welcomed (as it was for Boston's tragedy) that's fine Ill let the thread die out.

With that said, thanks for the heads up.

-Jeff

I think your ok with this one.  I think the main reason you were told about the no politics thing in your last thread is because you were starting to go in that direction (I think it was about the current gun control situation).  Posting the links to the shootings I wouldn't consider politics, but there might be some others that would.

Just make sure you take caution when you comment.  You might not see your comment as a political stance, but others might (remember the words on a computer screen can take on a whole different meaning depending on who is reading it).

extremeXconcepts said:
Ok I was warned about this on my last thread with the DC issue, And I don't mean it to be a political debate. Just as Paul posted about the Boston Bombing, its geared more toward informing members of what is going on, if they don't already know. And seeing there feelings and thoughts on the issue. If the idea is not welcomed (as it was for Boston's tragedy) that's fine Ill let the thread die out.

With that said, thanks for the heads up.

-Jeff

Also, some members come here to get a break from the constant news streaming society we live in - do you really think there is a member of an online cigar community that is oblivious to "what is going on" with major world news events?

extremeXconcepts said:
39 Dead....293 injured

This is nuts, I swear......what is going on! This is uncalled for.

Throughout human history there have been nut jobs intent on hurting innocent people for one reason or another.  For the most part people would call these kinds of acts terrorism because they are intended to strike fear into the masses.  This has literally being going on for millenia (source).  So in some ways, people shouldn't be suprised by these types of events since they are fairly common throughout history.  In my opinion the only thing that has changed is the constant 24 hour new cycle with near real time reporting that puts it front and center for the rest of us to be able to see.

MrAnderson41 said:

39 Dead....293 injured

This is nuts, I swear......what is going on! This is uncalled for.

Throughout human history there have been nut jobs intent on hurting innocent people for one reason or another.  For the most part people would call these kinds of acts terrorism because they are intended to strike fear into the masses.  This has literally being going on for millenia (source).  So in some ways, people shouldn't be suprised by these types of events since they are fairly common throughout history.  In my opinion the only thing that has changed is the constant 24 hour new cycle with near real time reporting that puts it front and center for the rest of us to be able to see.

You know thats a valid point, and I do think of things like that when these events happen....But for some reason there are parts of us that just say.....come on its 2013 we should be better then this by now.....but you are 100% right, its been going on for EVER! What I dont quite understand is, example, JESSE JAMES.........is almost a damn HERO now.....Old west murderer, robber, ex.....I saw on tv they are selling a pocket watch in his Honor....I know this is not exactly the same as Terrorism but along the same lines.....There is part of me that thinks some people and there stupid minds think.....wow that could be me.....my name. Not thinking of the innocent people, families ex....