• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's Official... I'm Screwed!

So... I'm relatively new to cigars and the best cigars I've been able to try thus far is a La Aurora 1495, a Gurkha Legend, and a DCM. Some of you Austin folks pointed me in the direction of Heroes and Legacies so I popped by today to pick up a smoke or two. I figured my budget to be around $10-20. I left with the following:

3 OpusX xXx
1 VSG Corona Gorda
1 Tatuaje J21
1 Hemmingway WOAM
1 Padron 1964 Maduro

I've come to the conclusion that I have officially taken the plunge and there is no turning back. Goodbye savings!

Also, thanks to the people who pointed Heroes and Legacies out. Great prices, great selection, and friendly staff. A+ B&M

I like the part where he says he's new to cigars but bought 3 Opusx XXX. You'd better eat a meal before you smoke those pal!

Great selection of stick at that store BTW. Wish I could find all those sticks in one place around here.

Nice selection of sticks. Once you smoke the WOAM, you'll regret not getting more. They can be hard to come by. I wish my local B&M carried all of those sticks at one time :(

Very nice sticks! I'm sitting on that same La Aurora myself, haven't had one yet. Glad to hear someone likes it I'll look forward to it.

Wait until you smoke any of those from that list man... especially that Padron, one of my favs :)

I like the part where he says he's new to cigars but bought 3 Opusx XXX. You'd better eat a meal before you smoke those pal!

Great selection of stick at that store BTW. Wish I could find all those sticks in one place around here.

Don't listen to him 5 O'Clock! The Opus xXx is best first thing in the morning with a strong cup of coffee, just before breakfast!

Just my $0.02 of course! ;)

Take them back, and ask for a refund, or prepare to get on the slipperiest slope you have ever encountered.

You have passed GO, and instead of getting to collect $200.00, you get to spend even more, and there is no Free Parking here!

Congratulations on a nice bunch of smokes.

Haha, I know I'm done for! I'm new, but not THAT new. I just have been sticking to the lower end stuff ($4-$9) generally. I've enjoyed some Don Pepin's and a couple other full bodied smokes without issue (in terms of brute strength) so I think as long as I take it easy on the opus that I'll survive.

Prices were pretty darn good. $12.50ish for the opus and around what you'd pay online for the others. Of course it would have been better had I not been buying singles, but as I said this was a real splurge and money wasn't really something I was considering.

Now to decide which one to torch first!

I think i'm gonna run up to H&R next week. Some buddies went there this past weekend and dropped about 2.5 G's

Addicting store, one of my friends even picked up a BBMF right off the shelves.

Don't listen to him 5 O'Clock! The Opus xXx is best first thing in the morning with a strong cup of coffee, just before breakfast!

Once you start to think about it, anytime is a good time for an xXx. :laugh:

Once you start to think about it, anytime is a good time for an xXx. :laugh:
WTF, now google spiders are talking...holy crap, we are being invaded by robots :laugh:

Brian

A PLUS SELECTION!!!!!!! Have a good time smoking, and welcome to the addiction!

It was really sad, I'm on the same road too. I scraped up some change to buy a San Cristobal today. What a freak. But when I get paid this Friday, ITS ON!!!

A PLUS SELECTION!!!!!!! Have a good time smoking, and welcome to the addiction!

It was really sad, I'm on the same road too. I scraped up some change to buy a San Cristobal today. What a freak. But when I get paid this Friday, ITS ON!!!

The sad thing is, your check probably wont be enough to get all you want for the upcoming weeks. lol, oh the love/ hate relationship i have with this hobby

LOL! Great score man! Will it be worth the avg. 1 hour smoke with the amount of money you spent? Enjoy those sticks. This is what the hobby is all about. Think about golf. That's a expensive sport you can play that frustrates you every given weekend.

At least spending the bucks on these premo sticks, you will enjoy them with no frustrations. You may get buyers remorse after you smoke them, but hey, you had that 1 hour worth of pleasure. LOL!

Back