• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Its starting to get hot out, at least down here in Texas

Kid Montana

With the change in temperature, do y'all find yourself changing up your rotation or just smoking less?  I've noticed I'm loath to smoke an Opus X or a strong LFD in the hot summer months and those Double Coronas and A's are definitely gonna sit out until fall, but otherwise I just smoke with a fan to keep me cool.  

How about all of you?  

Weather is weird around here at the moment, Central Illinois.  It's pretty muggy this week, but it's been perfect for good long smokes lately.  I've been capitalizing by smoking almost daily.

To your question though, I tend to save the longer smokes for the early morning or evening when it is a bit cooler.  I don't like to be uncomfortable when I'm smoking.  It defeats half the purpose for me, to relax.  I can imagine Texas is already a bit hot, but it's prime time for the big sticks right now here.

The summer is my favorite time to smoke and I'm just as likely to smoke a large strong cigar as not.  I set up on the deck with a fan if I need to and count satellites.  Sometimes I just sit back and watch the sky but usually I'll at least check the time for any bright satellites, the ISS, and Iridium flares.  If I'm feeling particularly industrious I'll grab the binoculars and try to see as many as I can. 

If it's really hot, I prefer larger ring gauges and imagine that it must be like that in Cuba but more humid.

I tend to go with longer smokes in the summer because I'll head to the deck with the radio to listen to Royals games.   

LarryH said:
The summer is my favorite time to smoke and I'm just as likely to smoke a large strong cigar as not.  I set up on the deck with a fan if I need to and count satellites.  Sometimes I just sit back and watch the sky but usually I'll at least check the time for any bright satellites, the ISS, and Iridium flares.  If I'm feeling particularly industrious I'll grab the binoculars and try to see as many as I can. 

That sounds really awesome.  My work schedule forces me to get to bed early so I hit the bed in late twilight these days.

I've been smoking less alltogether this Summer for some reason.

I don't change what I smoke based on the temperature but if it's really hot/muggy/sunny I tend to noy smoke at all.
I prefer 50's - low 70's.

At least here in Michigan it's usually hottest in the late afternoon which gives me plenty of time hen it's cool to sneak in a smoke if I'm ini tehj mood.

79 later today but not until 3PM.

Here in RI its been in the low 70's, basically anything from mild-full fits the bill in my opinion.

I love....love sitting outside in the shade or garage and getting a sweat on. Big Nalgene full of water and ice or a beer in the veins and letting g my pores open up is quite satisfying...

The more humid the better...

I'm in Houston by a Bayou so it's plenty humid. I don't so much switch up my ring sizes, but I do notice I smoke lighter bodied sticks if I'm outside. Now if I'm at a friends place inside, the rotation is business as usual.

Hey Kid!

Smaller rings, shorter vitolas for me. I tend to cut back a bit as well unless I'm out working in the yard.

billytpage said:
I'm in Houston by a Bayou so it's plenty humid. I don't so much switch up my ring sizes, but I do notice I smoke lighter bodied sticks if I'm outside. Now if I'm at a friends place inside, the rotation is business as usual.
I hope you're at a friend's place today? ;)

I still have power but I'm sure keeping my eyes on the back yard. I'll post pictures if it gets crazy. They are pretty much saying it's mostly going to be lots of rain and a little wind.

billytpage said:
I still have power but I'm sure keeping my eyes on the back yard. I'll post pictures if it gets crazy. They are pretty much saying it's mostly going to be lots of rain and a little wind.

Well it got pretty rough. This picture though hard to stomach shows the extent of it: