• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

J.C. Newman Humidor

KayakinBoy

I was raised in the canebrake by an ol' mama lion
click

I read in a Cigar mag yesterday about this humidor set and they had a pic (not showing the cigars though) and that they are shaped like La Aurora Preferidos...

Yum... DCM shaped figurados! Does anyone have pics of anything from RTDA about this? ???

According to the Fuente Rep that I spoke with, the humidor will not be coming out until next year sometime. Probably the spring. They had the humidor at the show, but not the cigars.

KayakinBoy said:
click

I read in a Cigar mag yesterday about this humidor set and they had a pic (not showing the cigars though) and that they are shaped like La Aurora Preferidos...

Yum... DCM shaped figurados! Does anyone have pics of anything from RTDA about this? ???
[snapback]245468[/snapback]​

It's not in the Holiday Collection catalogue I received today. I'll try to check, but my guess is an early 2006 release.

cigar1993 said:
KayakinBoy said:
click

[snapback]245468[/snapback]​

It's not in the Holiday Collection catalogue I received today. I'll try to check, but my guess is an early 2006 release.
[snapback]245572[/snapback]​

And Gary will be helping me make this into a Group Buy! :D :laugh:

Seriosuly though, they sound awesome. DCM figurados... MMMMmmmmMMMMM

Wish you had of posted this before the 31st of Oct KB...

J.C. Newman Cigar Co. Celebrates 110 Years!!

(PRLEAP.COM) J.C. Newman 110th Anniversary Contest

October 5, 2005, Tampa, FL — Happy Birthday J.C. Newman! This fall J.C. Newman Cigar Co. celebrates 110 years of cigar artistry. In honor of this special occasion, they have launched the 110th Anniversary Contest so consumers and retailers can celebrate and win some exclusive prizes. The 110th Anniversary Contest grand prize offers consumers a chance to win a Florida Beach vacation and a tour of the J.C. Newman cigar factory in Tampa.
“It is not every day a company turns 110 years. We could not have done it without our consumers and retailers and we thank them for their support all these years,” explains Eric Newman, president of J.C. Newman Cigar Co. He continues, “To thank them for their loyalty to our company we want to give them an opportunity to win some special prizes.”
The 110th Anniversary Contest consists of counting the amount of “110’s” hidden with J.C. Newman’s historic clock tower and building. There is an undisclosed number of “110’s within the picture — consumers simply need to count the amount of “110’s” they find within the picture.
To enter this contest, consumers need to visit a participating retailer, complete an entry form with the correct number of hidden “110’s” numbers, and send their entry form to J.C.Newman by October 31, 2005. If the consumer’s name is drawn from the correct entries- they are a winner!
The grand prize winner receives an all expense paid trip to Tampa, Florida to visit the historic Ybor City and J.C. Newman Cigar Co. The trip includes a 2-night/3-day stay at the Don Cesar Beach Resort in St. Petersburg, FL, a day at the Don Cesar exclusive Spa, the Limited Edition J.C. Newman 110th Anniversary humidor and much more! First and second prize will also be rewarded to the correct entries that are drawn.
To locate a participating smokeshop, visit our website at www.cigarfamily.com. The deadline for entries is October 31, 2005.
J.C. Newman Cigar Co., founded in 1895 by J.C. Newman and now headquartered in Tampa, Florida, represents more than 110 years of family tradition in quality cigar manufacturing. J.C. Newman Company’s Cuesta-Rey Centenario cigars rank among the top-selling brands in the imported handmade cigar market. The Newman family is also partners with the Carlos Fuente family in Fuente & Newman Premium Cigars Limited Inc., the exclusive U.S. distributor of the famous Arturo Fuente Premium Handmade cigars.

:sign:

News Released: September 25, 2005
J.C. Newman Celebrates 110 Years
Of Cigar Artistry!

(PRLEAP.COM) J.C. Newman Celebrates 110 Years
Of Cigar Artistry!

Tampa, FL, September 27 , 2005 – Happy Anniversary J.C. Newman! It was in the summer of 1895 that J.C. Newman hand-rolled his first 500 cigars for the family grocer and began a cigar legacy that continues today. To commemorate this special occasion, J.C.’s son Stanford, and grandsons Eric and Bobby have developed a special Limited Edition 110th Anniversary Humidor available later this fall. Cigar enthusiasts of today can indulge in the cigars of yesterday.
“What is so intriguing is that we are recreating the same shape cigar that Grandpa J.C. made 110 years ago - pointed ends and a bulge (54 ring) in the middle - into our popular brands of today”, explains Eric Newman, president of J.C. Newman Cigar Co.
This exclusive humidor contains a total of 40 cigars – ten cigars each of MAXIMUS, Diamond Crown, Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino and La Unica Cameroon. Each cigar is rolled in the 1895 shape with their respective blend and bands of today. What truly makes this special commemorative humidor so unique is that each cigar will be placed in a custom, numbered anniversary glass tube, designed in the same shape as the cigar and will feature an elegant engraved brass closure band. This is truly a Limited Edition Humidor as only 250 humidors are being produced.
J.C. Newman Cigar Co., founded in 1895 by J.C. Newman and now headquartered in Tampa, Florida, represents 110 years of family tradition in quality cigar manufacturing. J.C. Newman Company’s Cuesta-Rey cigars rank among the top-selling brands in the imported handmade cigar market. The Newman family is also partners with the Carlos Fuente family in Fuente & Newman Premium Cigars Limited Inc., the exclusive U.S. distributor of the famous Arturo Fuente Premium Handmade cigars.
# # #

you are looking at something else on that site. :sign:

KayakinBoy said:
News Released: September 25, 2005
J.C. Newman Celebrates 110 Years
Of Cigar Artistry!

(PRLEAP.COM) J.C. Newman Celebrates 110 Years
Of Cigar Artistry!

Tampa, FL, September 27 , 2005 – Happy Anniversary J.C. Newman! It was in the summer of 1895 that J.C. Newman hand-rolled his first 500 cigars for the family grocer and began a cigar legacy that continues today. To commemorate this special occasion, J.C.’s son Stanford, and grandsons Eric and Bobby have developed a special Limited Edition 110th Anniversary Humidor available later this fall. Cigar enthusiasts of today can indulge in the cigars of yesterday.
“What is so intriguing is that we are recreating the same shape cigar that Grandpa J.C. made 110 years ago - pointed ends and a bulge (54 ring) in the middle - into our popular brands of today”, explains Eric Newman, president of J.C. Newman Cigar Co.
This exclusive humidor contains a total of 40 cigars – ten cigars each of MAXIMUS, Diamond Crown, Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino and La Unica Cameroon. Each cigar is rolled in the 1895 shape with their respective blend and bands of today. What truly makes this special commemorative humidor so unique is that each cigar will be placed in a custom, numbered anniversary glass tube, designed in the same shape as the cigar and will feature an elegant engraved brass closure band. This is truly a Limited Edition Humidor as only 250 humidors are being produced.
J.C. Newman Cigar Co., founded in 1895 by J.C. Newman and now headquartered in Tampa, Florida, represents 110 years of family tradition in quality cigar manufacturing. J.C. Newman Company’s Cuesta-Rey cigars rank among the top-selling brands in the imported handmade cigar market. The Newman family is also partners with the Carlos Fuente family in Fuente & Newman Premium Cigars Limited Inc., the exclusive U.S. distributor of the famous Arturo Fuente Premium Handmade cigars.
# # #

you are looking at something else on that site. :sign:
[snapback]245598[/snapback]​

I'm looking at a contest I would have loved to have entered lol :p

The grand prize winner receives an all expense paid trip to Tampa, Florida to visit the historic Ybor City and J.C. Newman Cigar Co. The trip includes a 2-night/3-day stay at the Don Cesar Beach Resort in St. Petersburg, FL, a day at the Don Cesar exclusive Spa, the Limited Edition J.C. Newman 110th Anniversary humidor and much more! First and second prize will also be rewarded to the correct entries that are drawn.

ya still wouldn't had gotten the humi!

Don't worry, we'll be doing a group buy on this... I call the DCMS! :laugh: :sign:

KayakinBoy said:

ya still wouldn't had gotten the humi!

Don't worry, we'll be doing a group buy on this... I call the DCMS! :laugh: :sign:
[snapback]245608[/snapback]​

Reading empowers the mind lol

The grand prize winner receives an all expense paid trip to Tampa, Florida to visit the historic Ybor City and J.C. Newman Cigar Co. The trip includes a 2-night/3-day stay at the Don Cesar Beach Resort in St. Petersburg, FL, a day at the Don Cesar exclusive Spa, the Limited Edition J.C. Newman 110th Anniversary humidor and much more!

How are the DCMS? I've never even heard of them let alone smoked one.

Wurm said:
How are the DCMS? I've never even heard of them let alone smoked one.
[snapback]245620[/snapback]​

Diamond Crown Maximus, they've been reviewed alot here, just search. Here's a recent one.

click.

They are awesome, atleast in my book.

My Fuente Rep was in about two weeks ago and was smoking one of those. He told me that the Newmans had given him a box as a gift for his wedding. He wasn't sharing. The humidor was up under a display. They were only showing it to a few people. It looks like the Maximus outer packaging. I know we are getting one in but I haven't been told when!

Your source is mistaken. The J.C. Newman 110th Anniversary humidor is scheduled to be shipped to retailers in about a month. Also, both the humidor and the cigars were at the RTDA -- I know because I smoked one with my father and it was just really fantastic.

I am very excited about this release because the cigars are the same shape that my great-grandfather originally hand made back in 1895. On the inside door of each humidor is a picture of him holding this very shape of cigar. The shape itself, we later learned, is an old 18th century European shape. These 1895 Series cigars are packed unique glass tubes that have to open in the middle in order to properly fit these shaped cigars. The humidor itself was also based on some 19th century models. There is a lot of history, tradition, and care that has gone into crafting this 110th anniversary humidor and I am looking forward to its release.

Thanks,
Drew

Drew Newman
www.CigarFamily.com

Saw this on another site... YES! :cool: :laugh:

ok, let's start figuring how we are gunna split this up. I'll take 5 of the DCMs.

Seriouscigars.com says they have one of the humidors... I gotta try one of the DCMS!

I have a DCM perfecto in a shaped tube, that was donated to our herf, back in October. I'm assuming this is a prototype for the humidor. Really cool looking cigar/tube presentation. I think moki has/had one too. I believe he has a picture of it on his website.

My local B&M just got this in.
It's a thing of beauty.
I believe he said it was $1400

Jim