• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

J.R. Cigars

Cblev

Hi,
New to CP.com, like the site, love the idea. Smoked casually for many years, only just recently as a serious smoker. And I've noticed over the years my taste have changed/matured?
Which brings me to my question since I can't buy cigars in my home state (WA-137% OTP tax or some such stupid thing) I've been shopping on the net the last 8 months or so and have have some good experiences and some not so good. Came upon JR's site and tried the #18 connies, smoked a few, the rest are in the humi for a while, long while I think.
Does anyone have any good experiences with any of the seconds or alts? If so, which ones? My everyday smoke is the Corona Corona, the wife thinks they cost too much and wants me to find something cheaper to break it up.
:angry:
TIA

??? I'm sorry Corona Corona duh.
Hoja corona natural from Corona cigar Co.

Welcome to CP!

JR is a good source for connies. I'm sure you'll get several responses soon. :)

Rod

First of all welcome aboard Cblev  :D  This is a great board and a super group of guys.  As a fellow Washintonian I can certainly commiserate with you. ???   I have enjoyed JR's alternative Cohibas and have taken the time to age Remedios for a year that smoked great.  Lately I have been bidding on small lots on cigarbid.com.  You get them for the fraction of prices here in town and you get to choose from a variety of smokes.  If you haven't check them out give em a shot.  ;)

Welcome to CP. Good place to hang out.

JR is one of the best places for affordable cigars on the net. I do enjoy the occasional Consuegra and Alt. Among my faves are the #16 M or EMS, #25 M, Alt to LGC Wavell M and Alt to LGC Corona N. I haven't tried all that many but I do suggest that if you get them to let them sit 6+ months.

Diddo

Welcome aboard Cblev! Great bunch over here, I feel the love, ya know?

Just got a bundle of Connies #17, they're pretty good but will improve in 6 months! Had some of the JR alts but not sure which ones, but they were good!

Going to check out cigarbid.com now!

Bye

Leebo

I try really hard not to buy anything online if I can help it. Then again, I'm in PA. I hate it when I'm stuck out in Jersey and need to snag a stick or two. The prices the stores have to charge are ridiculous.

If you are in eastern PA and/or go to New Jersey on a regular basis, JR has a store in Whippany, NJ just north of Morristown. It is worth the trip. I was just up there this past weekend for a herf. Picked up two bundles of Connie #26 maduro that had cello that was yellowed and brittle. I also found a couple of boxes of ERDM Rectangulares with box dates of 12/99! :thumbs:

Oh, and spending the entire weekend smoking with about 80 people wasn't too bad either. :D :D :D

I know what you mean about the yellow cellophane!!!!!!

Leebo