• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jameson's Irish Whisky

rnccen

I don't have a title
For those that are in search of a fine Irish whiskey...Jameson's is the ticket...Paddy's is not bad or Tullamore dew is another good brand..

Irish Whiskeys have been described as smooth and with a pleasant maltiness combined with charred wood undertones and the natural flavour of golden barley.

When compared to the American or Canadian counterparts there is nothing better than Irish Whiskey.

Rnccen

It's hard to mention Irish Whiskey without a few words about Bushmills. The 16 yo 3 wood and 18 yo Millennium are almost as good as the fairly rare 24 yo Millennium.

For those with a budget try Red Breast Irish Whiskey, it has only been recently introduced to the US market but is well worth tracking down.

Thanks AVB :thumbs:

I'm a Jameson 1789 fan but it sounds like I should add a bottle of Bushmill to the bar ;)

AVB said:
It's hard to mention Irish Whiskey without a few words about Bushmills. The 16 yo 3 wood and 18 yo Millennium are almost as good as the fairly rare 24 yo Millennium.

For those with a budget try Red Breast Irish Whiskey, it has only been recently introduced to the US market but is well worth tracking down.
You are correct...I forgot about Bushmill's...I don't have it to frequently as I am partial to Jameson's.

Rnccen

I can recommend the 12 year old Jameson. Its very smooth and very good.

Bushmill's is fantastic. Which brings to mind a variation that is sometimes overlooked, Black Bush.

In the Jameson family tree, is something else you'll have to track down and try: Green Spot. Excellent, excellent Irish whiskey. Very smooth and flavorful, produced in pure pot stills (just as the delicious Red Breast -mentioned above - is) at the Midleton distillery. Try it, try it, try it.

I missed this topic. Irish whiskey is one of my favorites. Jamesons is awesome. The 1789 and the Black Bush are excellent. I enjoy them all.

BTW my barber is an Irish lass. We talk about a number of topics, but booze comes up from time to time. In Ireland they call Black Bush Shirley Massey!

I've got a bottle of the 24 year old Bushmills Millennium I'll have to do a review on sometime. Also, Oak and myself have the Red Breast and I've been waiting for him to post his impressions but nothing so far so I may do that one too. If anybody can get me some Green Spot at a decent price let me know.

I saw the HiTimeWine has the red breast Irish whiskey. Anyone try it?
Peter

Ahhhh, see my previous post. ???

AVB said:
I've got a bottle of the 24 year old Bushmills Millennium I'll have to do a review on sometime. Also, Oak and myself have the Red Breast and I've been waiting for him to post his impressions but nothing so far so I may do that one too. If anybody can get me some Green Spot at a decent price let me know.
I'll go post my thoughts on Redbreast in another topic right now...

Also, in reference to your first post re: bushmills - I actually prefer the 16 out of all of them. It is the sweetest of all the Bushmills that I've had - has almost a wine-like finish.

Cheers,

- Oak