• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JD is the stone cold pimp of the cigar smoking world!

the_jiggler

I had a rare experience tonight and just wanted to share it with you guys because, well it was rare.

I got the opportunity to meet Jonathan Drew tonight at a Drew Estates event at a local B&M here in Charlotte and man did he ever exceed my expectations. The guy is straight-up stone cold cool. Humble, approachable, full of stories with a handshake and a smile for everyone in the room. I am not sure what I expected but to be honest I hoped for the best but prepared for the worst.

So often in life you get over promise and under deliver and it was just really refreshing to experience the exact opposite. The brother has a fan and a customer for life.

I bought 20 Uzis and as I was leaving, JD pulled out his private stash and hooked me up with a Liga Privada UF-13. Boo yah!

(Word on the street is that the T-52's will start shipping in late January. Can't wait!)

Isn't anything better than a happy, satisfied customer and spreading the word. Don't think I've had a Drew yet, but this will make me at least try one.

I was going to post up about this as well. I discovered a GREAT new B&M in the Greensboro area yesterday and he was there while I was shopping thru the humidor. He was pretty busy and had people all around him so I avoided trying to get in the middle of that and didn't talk with him. Glad you had a great experience meeting him.

JD IS a great guy. By the way, so is Marvin Samel if you get a chance to meet him.

That's pretty much how the cigar industry people work, they know they need us to support them and their businesses. Not to say they aren't great guys anyway but right now more than ever we as consumers are needed to keep the industry afloat. I have met Saka, Quesada, Leon Jimenes, Jose Blanco, Dion, Pete, and tons more guys out there in the industry and they are all pretty good guys.

I have gotten the pleasure to meet JD once and I have me Marvin a bunch of time... Both great guys. I actually just lit a UF13 as I'm writing this that Marvin gifted me at my b&M. So far it is a phenomenal smoke. Let me also throw in there that I pretty much love anything Liga!!

You guys are all right, I haven't met any cigar manufacturers who weren't wonderful people, it's a great industry. Oops, there is one I don't care for, but overall great guys. My favorites have to be Eddie Ortega and Marvin Samel, of the ones I've had the pleasure of hanging out with.