• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jefferson's Reserve

cigardawg

I had some Jefferson's Reserve very small batch bourbon last night. It is sold in a 750 ml bottle without any additional packaging. The bourbon is actually blended from several select barrels (thus the very small batch) of bourbon that has been aging 12-17 years. I drank it with 3 ice cubes...on the rocks is my favorite way to enjoy bourbon. This is, I believe, 90.4 proof.

The nose was very oaky with just a touch of caramel. There was not as much sweetness as there are with some bourbons. The overall feel of the bourbon in the mouth was superb. It was clean and not the least clingy. The flavors were predominantly of oak. Once again, there was just a hint of caramel, but it was slightly overpowered. It was medium-smooth, as there was just the slightest bit of burn on the way down...nothing unpleasant, I just knew I was drinking boubon. As it settled in, I could taste a hint of charcoal, but it just added some smokiness to the oak.

All in all, a very good bourbon. It is priced (at least here) competitively with van winkle 12 year and basil hayden. I like it as well as the latter, though not as well as the former. It is definitely worth a drink.

Hope you enjoy the review.

Nice to see another review, good job and I hope we see more :thumbs:. My take on this bourbon was posted here in June of last year.