• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jesus Fuego Gran Reserva Corojo No.1

sqc049

I had the pleasure of experiencing a Jesus Fuego Gran Reserva No.1 tonight. This cigar was recommended to me by my usual tobacconist. I picked up the Belicoso which measures 6x54. I smoked this cigar in my mobile cigar lounge (Jeep) because it was far to windy and cold tonight to enjoy this smoke outside.

The No. 1 is a very well constructed cigar. It burns evenly and held together very well. My brothers had a small tear in his near the band that caused the cigar to burn unevenly but I am giving Fuego the benefit of the doubt here as I'm thinking this was a one time thing. The ash held tight and had your standard "zebra stripes".

This cigar starts out smooth and leathery with a hint of sweetness. This is a mild smoke with a cool draw throughout. About halfway through, it picked up a little more sweetness, but remained mild and leathery. It stayed this way until the end, drawing cool until is was almost burning my fingers. This Fuego has a short finish that leave just a hint of sweetness behind. It burned smooth and even an only required one touch up after a mobile ashtray accident.

Overall I was left feeling very impressed by this cigar. I was skeptical at first, but will be making another trip to my tobacconist next week to pick up a couple more of these for my humidor. I suggest that you all add this to your list of must try smokes. If I ever get involved in a pass on this forum, I will be sure to include a couple of these for other people to experience.

I'm happy the Fuego has left Rocky Patel and is now on his own. I'm looking forward to seeing what else he comes out with in the future. Many believe that he will be the next big thing in cigars and many contrast him to Pepin.

I only took a few pictures before I smoked it, here they are:

DSC_0011-2.jpg

DSC_0012-2.jpg

Just adding my 2 cents:

As previously mentioned my Fuego Belicoso had a small defect in the wrapper which caused the wrapper to come undone as it burned down. Though aggravating, my experience was not ruined. This was a beautiful smoke that showed a broad palate of complex flavors. It was smooth throughout with a short but defined finish. Without question, the next time I stop in at my B&M I will pick up a couple more.

Thanks for the review. I've been reading good things about J. Fuego cigars, but haven't smoked one yet. I will add these to my "must try" list.