• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Joe Torre turns down Yankee offer

tomthirtysix

Wishing I was as cool as Phil
Seems strange to me that he would fly down to Florida just to turn the offer down.

$5 million base salary with an extra million dollars for each level of the playoffs he got to.

If he got to the World Series, the option for the next year would kick in, with an $8 mil base.

He turned them down, and he will not return, as per a Yankees conference call. The official word is they are now looking for their new manager.

i dont think he turned down the job, just the offer. thats about a 4 million dollar paycut from last year.

$2 mil cut in the base salary. And the words, straight from the mouths of the Yankees execs are he turned down their offer, and they are now searching for their new manager.

Edit: From Randy Levine, President of the Yankees, when asked if this means they're done with Torre: "Yes, it does."

He's got more money than god anyway, he doesn't have anything to worry about.

He probably flew down there on Georges money just to tell him to go piss up a rope! I love it!