• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Johnny-O cigars

dannykcha

Hey everyone!

I've bought 2.5 bundles now, but all of them were the darker wrappers. For those that have had both dark and colorado/light wrappers, which do you prefer and what are the differences other than color, of course?

You have them..might as well smoke them and find out :thumbs:

Hey everyone!

I've bought 2.5 bundles now, but all of them were the darker wrappers. For those that have had both dark and colorado/light wrappers, which do you prefer and what are the differences other than color, of course?

Send me a couple and I'll tell ya ;)

Since all of the ones I have are the "dark" wrappers (smoked two today, actually. Hahaha), I was hoping to get some feedback on the lighter "colorado" wrapped ones he sells. John says that the darker ones are stronger, so it scares me to think about investing in a bundle of mild/milder cigars that I'm not too much of a fan of. The thing is though, I've seen posts where people say the lighter/natural ones have more flavor. Decisions, decisions... (just sent payment for a bundle of Robusto Extras - world famous roller, pigtail/shagfoot), but John said the wrappers were "really dark".

Anyome want to split a bundle of the dark and a bundle of the lighter Colorado? Hahahh

Make sure that you understand that if you can not smoke all of these right away, you may have to sit on them for a year or so. They tend to be good fresh, then hit a "sick" period where they will need some time to recover.

Tim

Make sure that you understand that if you can not smoke all of these right away, you may have to sit on them for a year or so. They tend to be good fresh, then hit a "sick" period where they will need some time to recover.

Tim

Yep. Was able to get through a total of 10 before they seemed to start going into their "sick". Have them bundled and stored away until '13. =) That was also the reason for buying another bundle. I want more to smoke NOW! Hahahh

Hey everyone!

Send me a couple and I'll tell ya ;)

I would, only if you had the natural/colorado. Because then, I'd ask the same of you. =)

I couldn't help but pull another two out of the aging bundle, and it was still so damn delicious. Right under 2 months now, I think. Can't wait for my robusto-extras!!

I prefer the lighter shade personally, but then again for the last year or more I've been in a phase that I prefer mild to medium cigars more than I enjoy stronger sticks. I do think the flavor of the lighter shade is better, and they seem to be more consistant to me. Just my opion.

I prefer the lighter shade personally, but then again for the last year or more I've been in a phase that I prefer mild to medium cigars more than I enjoy stronger sticks. I do think the flavor of the lighter shade is better, and they seem to be more consistant to me. Just my opion.

Are they that noticeable in the difference in strength from light/dark? I wonder if the wrappers are from different crop-fields, growing methods (SG, ShG, etc.), quality, primimgs/etc., but are both just Colorado wrappers varying in color/strength.