• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JohnnyO and the Bat

SkyKing

So, my neighbor and I officially opened the summer smoke patio last night. Perfect cigar weather 70 degrees  and 70% RH. I broke out a couple of JohnnyOs. One might be described as a panatella, the other was a figurado. Unlike, the last JohnnyO I smoked, these were both healthy. 

Both smokes were creamy, lightly salted and spiced, reminiscent of a Cohiba. We enjoyed a John Collins, then a rusty nail, along with a mild summer breeze. After we nubbed our first, neither of us were ready to quit.  I then found a use for the Murcielago Rothschilds I picked up this week. We capped off the evening with the Bats and a glass of 13 year old Offley Port my neighbor had given me for my birthday. We nubbed the Bats as well.

Interestingly, my neighbor raved about the Bat, which he thought was an even better cigar than the JohnnyO.  He was surprised when I told him the Bat wasn't cuban.

To me, the sticks were of such differing character, that neither could be called better. Both sticks were superb.

Sounds like you and your neighbor had a geat time partaking of cigars and libations. I can think of no better way to bring in a season like Spring than the way you did. Thanks for sharing your experience. I have not had either stick you mentioned but will look for them upon my next visit to a B&M.

Sounds like a fitting welcome to Spring.  Can't think of a better way to hang out with friends/neighbors.