• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JOSE L PIEDRA NACIONALES & AVO #9

GDeAngelo

So, I sat down last night with a few BOTLs. We had a few home brewed drafts and a few sticks. Last night I decided to change to start the night with a Vanilla Porter and an AVO #9 Corona Extra.

AVO #9 Corona Extra

Nice light wrapper. Oily to the touch and a very soft aroma. I snipped it and gave a pre draw. Very mild and smooth. It almost had a citrus note to it. This cigar had a very nice like and a it stayed the entire cigar. It wasn't complex at all. It was the same smooth Vanilla hint of Carmel even some butterscotch. I think my beer of choice was a bit heavy. But I love it so I went with it. Half way through and on an empty pint I decided to lighten it up a bit and went with a semi spicy ale. It was refreshing given the nice weather we've been having. Now, once I got down down to the last 1/4 of this stick it was a bit tart. I tasted a lot of acidity. I let it go.

Next on the list was the JOSE L PIEDRA NACIONALES

This is a single stick I picked up from a buddy. I decided to go back to my Vanilla Porter, I know I drink a lot of this but shut your mouth, it's delicious. Now this is a Machine Made Hand Finished stick. It's a simple 42 gauge and is simple. It wasn't very oily. I keep my sticks seperate and at different RHs. This stick is from my 65% Humi. It had a nice pre-light draw. It was very earthy and a deep flavor. Almost a woody maple taste. Once the stick was lit, it was a deep leather taste. It coated my pallet and kept the same consistency through the entire stick. I sipped this baby till it was a half an inch long.

-Gianni-