• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jose L. Piedra

CvilleYoungGun

Not so young gun anymore.
This evening was a terrific one for my smoking pleasure, all day all ISOMs (seemingly becoming a pattern for me.)

Started off the day with a Hoyo Petit Robusto, really smoking well with only a couple of months in the humi... Hoping they don't have a sick period anytime soon.

A little later had a SCDLH El Principe, three days in a row now, can't help myself that box is smoking so well right now. Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. :love:

As day turned to night and my palate had plenty of time to recover, I was still on my small cigar kick and decided to see how well my Bolivar PCs were coming along, I opened the box from the bottom of my humi and breathed in the smell deeply. They were smelling great and feeling great so I decided to have one. I love Habanos so its no surprise that I was really pleased with this little block buster. The real test came when I offered my lady a taste at the light, the first third and a couple more soon after. She liked it so much she lit one up herself :thumbs: she is VERY particular as it comes to cigars and she nearly nubbed this one, it was a sight for sore eyes(this may have adverse effects on my stash though ??? )

Now on to the subject of this post. Jose L. Piedra Cazadores. With just a little under a year in the humi I decided to go back to my supply of these Cazadores, and the beauty of these cigars really came to me as I smoked through the stick... When I pulled it out of the box all I could think of was "damn you are ugly" and its true this is rarely a pretty cigar, but it rarely (I can't think of a time) lets me down. This cigar with a little rest in the humi has become an unbelievable value and a tasty every day smoke. Not just tasty the burn was straight as an arrow and the smoke never got hot. I couldn't help think to myself to the delicious end, "well she ain't pretty but she puts out!"

Reminds me of a few ladies I have known in my young days. :sign: :sign: :sign:

CYG

you had a very good day! I like the Piedra's also and need to pick some up and am thinking about getting some MM Quintero's and Los Statos Brevas to see how they are. The good part about MM is if they aren't very good or you run out of time you can always get rid of it and fire up another and it doesn't break the bank.

Yeah, JLP's are pretty decent. However, for an inexpensive Habano, I usually turn to Fonseca (i.e. Delicias).

Yeah, JLP's are pretty decent. However, for an inexpensive Habano, I usually turn to Fonseca (i.e. Delicias).

I have never tried any of these but now that you have piqued my interest I shall have to seek some out. Better than JLPs for the buck you say? I'll find some put some age on em and let you know what I think.

CYG

I like the JLPs but I like the Quinteros a bit better, I find them to be more consisent for the extra 6 CUC a box.

I like the JLPs but I like the Quinteros a bit better, I find them to be more consisent for the extra 6 CUC a box.

Agreed. Actually, I think the JLP's might have SLIGHTLY better flavor, but the whole cigar experience I tend to like the Quints better. They "feel" more like a good cigar, I have less draw issues with them (too hot, too loose, or too plugged), and they seem to stand up better to being treated the way I tend tot reat inexpensive cigars (keep 'em in my mouth while doing yardwork, etc.

I smoke lots of Quintero Brevas but lately, I've been smoking the Jose L. Piedra Cazadores. They have a different taste which is a nice change of pace.

I like both of these cigars. :thumbs:

Agreed. Actually, I think the JLP's might have SLIGHTLY better flavor, but the whole cigar experience I tend to like the Quints better. They "feel" more like a good cigar, I have less draw issues with them (too hot, too loose, or too plugged), and they seem to stand up better to being treated the way I tend tot reat inexpensive cigars (keep 'em in my mouth while doing yardwork, etc.
...interesting. I like the JLP's better, for what they are. I think they are darn good, in the "bang for the buck" catagory.

To each his own, as they say... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.

I have never had a Quintero, but the JLPs are pretty nice smokes. I tucked a damaged one yesterday in my bag and smoked it at the tobbaconist - it was great. And, everyone in there, even a lady who hates cigar smell, commented on how pleasant the smell was.

Fresh I like the Quinteros better, but after the great info B.B.S. shared with me I bought a can of the JLPs and even with around 4 months on them, they are turning into a fantastic smoke. I plan on keeping both in my humi in the future!

The taste of the two cigars are very different, so its worthwhile to have both.

I'm about to buy some JLP's but I'm not sure about its label. Its just purple paper with printed text.

Could You pls check this l i n k?
On the bottom there is a picture.
Isn't it kind of fake?

Thanks for help :)

I'm about to buy some JLP's but I'm not sure about its label. Its just purple paper with printed text.

Could You pls check this l i n k?
On the bottom there is a picture.
Isn't it kind of fake?

Thanks for help :)

Michal,

I encountered a number of fakes while I was in Poland (most notably at Monti Cigars in the Bristol and in the Mariott), so I would be very wary of purchasing online on an auction. Then again, JLPs aren't going to be counterfeited too often because they're so cheap - and those do look genuine just judging by the stick.

I encountered a number of fakes while I was in Poland (most notably at Monti Cigars in the Bristol and in the Mariott), so I would be very wary of purchasing online on an auction. Then again, JLPs aren't going to be counterfeited too often because they're so cheap - and those do look genuine just judging by the stick.

Bristol? Mariott? 2 of few most expensive hotels in Warsaw, and You get fake cigars there... shame on them :/

About purchasing on auctions. There are few very trusted sellers and this one is one of them, but if he has fakes, than fakes can be everywhere, even in Mariott ;)

And about fake JLP - Just like I thought - Too cheap (10$ for 5pack of JLP Cremas) to make fakes :)

The day that JLP's become counterfeited, we will have some REAL issues. Who the hell would would waste their time and efforts doing so? :D