• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jose Pepin Garcia Event

Azoetia

EDITED to reflect date change!!

Please note that due to scheduling conflicts, the Pepin Garcia event has now been moved to November 14, 2008. The shop has three calls outstanding calls regarding what roller will be at the event, but no call has been returned as of yet.

I realize October is far away, but since the event is on a Friday, I wanted to provide sufficient notice for folks to make work arrangements, as necessary.

Burning Leaf Cigars in Plainfield, Illinois will host Garcia and a roller from 5-whenever on Friday, October 24th. Burning Leaf is at 13327 South Route 59, Suite 600. Phone: 815-609-5080 and the owner's name is Jamal.

I know people had a blast when Garcia was at Belicoso last year and this event should prove to be excellent as well!

Hope to see you guys there!

David

Edited to correct date in message body - thanks tone-ny!!

That is quite a bit away yet, but I'm not ruling it out. We'll see.

Hmmm, I'm already going to the pepin event at the outlaw, but I can't see why I shouldn't go to this one too :). I'll definitely try to make it.

Thats a no brainer! Might have to get the rest of the crew to come for this one as well.

Do you have the date on that right? Friday would be the 31st, Haloween, or should it be the 24th?

Do you have the date on that right? Friday would be the 31st, Haloween, or should it be the 24th?

Thank you, sir! That's what I get for posting on my blackberry. The date in the message header was correct and now the body has been updated to reflect the proper date, October 24th! Thanks again for pointing this out :thumbs:

Anyone from In, Iowa, Wis in for this event?

Won't be a homefield event but Im willing to make it out to this one!

This is a no brainer for Chicagoland guys, 43 miles from my house and i'd like to see Jose again. :thumbs:

320 miles from my home.
Does that make in or out? :whistling:

It makes it incredibly tempting, especially since becoming a die hard DPG fanboy.

Had to edit, it just dawned on me, I am dying to go play poker at the new Horseshoe in Hammond, IN. Here is an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.
It's worth it...I went last year to the Belicoso event...had I got more sleep before & after it would have been a REAL blast!

Much to my chagrin, I just found out from the owner of the shop that Pepin himself will no longer be attending the event. The owner was told that Pepin is not making any appearances over the next 8-12 months based on obligations he has to the factory, etc. A senior roller and the sales rep will be present, but again, Pepin will not be at the event. I wanted to pass this information along as soon as possible as this update may affect your decision to attend.

Will Micheal P be there?
How about Jaime? Jani? and is the master roller going to be Rene?

Let me know i still might make it down if any one of those makes it.

-

Will Micheal P be there?

-

Alex,

Mike will be there and I will inquire about the roller. As of now, I haven't heard who will be there. I'll press the issue and post here once I find out.

David

Will Micheal P be there?

-
Come on Alex you're only interested if Jani is showing up, i remember how DPG had to step between you two. :laugh:

I'll be there regardless, I already had in on the calendar. Anyway, BL is my regular spot. I have to go give Jamal grief for telling me Pepin himself was coming. :p

How did this turn out? I wanted to go but I changed my mind when I learned DPG wasn't going to be there. (The recession didn't help.)