• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970

Lumberg

Opus Lover
So I was at the Leesburg Emporium to hang out with Frank and some other friends, and went through the humi to buy something just so I was a paying customer.

Well I came across a box of these Gran Reserva and I thought, well HERE'S something worth trying! (I love the regular Antano 1970s and didn't even know there was a Gran Reserva line) The owner mentioned it's 7 year old tobacco.

Holy shnikes was this cigar good. I wasn't in a reviewing mood, I was chatting it up but WOW. Burned razor sharp. Nice kick just like the regular Antanos. Just much smoother. Not as harsh or young tasting.

I can't really say much except imagine one of these aged about 7 years. WOW.

Forgot to mention, these come in three sizes, Robusto, Gran Corona, and Belicoso. I had the Beli.

Does anybody know where I could pick up some AVO LE05's? I've been looking all over for them...

The Gran Reserva is one of the best cigars out there for the price. I would not hesitate to get these for the price they are a deal. The AVO are even better but you can't get find them.

tone-ny said:
The Gran Reserva is one of the best cigars out there for the price.

Where can you find them? I agree they are fantastic, but seem pretty rare.

We got them at the Outlaw. So far they have only shipped the mutipack case but they are going to release them in 20ct boxes right before the holidays. I've got a few in stock. PM me if you would like a few.

Smokyballs said:
We got them at the Outlaw. So far they have only shipped the mutipack case but they are going to release them in 20ct boxes right before the holidays. I've got a few in stock. PM me if you would like a few.
[snapback]243718[/snapback]​
Sweet! They are fantastic cigars. What else do you know about them? Is all the tobacco in them 7 years old or just some?

The inside info on the GR's are that the wrapper is minimum of 5 years old and the filler is two. It's the top 5% of the wrapper they use on the regular line.

I love the regular line. I have smoked the gran robusto and the beli of the reserva line so far. Both had a strong ammonia taste after the midpoint. Either the ones that I smoked have not aged and married or they were too moist. However, they did not burn like they were too moist, so I am leaning toward the former.